Forum customizations etc.

Lordest
Go to solution Solved by Nathan Explosion,

Hello everyone. We bought our Invision Community forum a few months ago. Since we're creating a gaming platform, we need to customize our memberships, and basically we're going to do two things ourselves with our programmers. One of them is SMS confirmation by phone to memberships. For this we have to go to the membership customization and edit the system files (We did the same very easily in the SMF forum) but Invision is a bit of a closed box and I guess we can't do anything about it except the front/front end design.

Is there any way you can show/offer us about this? Because this process is important to us. So to summarize, can't we intervene and customize the system in any way? Is it possible to do only certain theme edits?

Or can we compile these processes with things like plugins?

There's shouldn't be any need of editing the core files themselves, rather it would be more troublesome as you'd have to redo the edits with every upgrade. You should be able to accomplish everything with applications or plugins. Nathan already provided a link to the Developer Mode guide above, but in case you have trouble figuring it out yourself there's also the option of hiring someone who already knows the framework.

A list of available developers for hire can be found here: https://invisioncommunity.com/third-party/providers/ (I'm on it, too 😉)

Great answers. Thank you all.

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Before you go ahead there, could you explain what you mean by SMS confirmation by phone? Are you referring to 2 factor authentication? I ask as that is already a built in function

Frankly, what I mean is this. I already have an SMF scripted forum. We ask users for Phone Verification at the time of registration. Those who do not enter phone verification (SMS code) cannot register.
After registration, he can recover his account at any time with the code sent to his phone. (Password operations etc.)
At the same time, thanks to Phone Data, I can send mass messages, notifications, birthday special messages to them whenever I want.

My goal is to set up the same system in my new Invision forum. That's it in a nutshell.

5 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Ah, I see. No there is nothing within the software that will do that unfortunately. 

Well, as said above, can it be done with the help of plugin and application?

And I have one more question for you, the Marketplace section has only certain payment methods ($, Euro, Paypal, etc.). Since we are in Turkey, there is an intermediary payment integration that we will use, it is called Paytr. Do we have a chance to configure the market and choose these guys as the payment method? Or should we write a market module from scratch and disable Invision's?

Thank you too for your answer.

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I am seeing no problem with that link on this end. Where are you getting that link from, and what are you seeing yourself when you click on it?

It was giving a 404 error at night but it's fixed now, thank you.

I have one more question. I extracted the appropriate folders in my home directory by following the developer tools instructions. I also created the constants.php file but there was no change in my system. Do I need to activate something extra from the forum or the Admin Panel, or is the developer mode activated by itself, how can I find out?

https://invisioncommunity.com/developers/docs/general/enabling-developer-mode-r23/

Thanks again.

35 minutes ago, Manifdog said:

It was giving a 404 error at night but it's fixed now, thank you.

I have one more question. I extracted the appropriate folders in my home directory by following the developer tools instructions. I also created the constants.php file but there was no change in my system. Do I need to activate something extra from the forum or the Admin Panel, or is the developer mode activated by itself, how can I find out?

https://invisioncommunity.com/developers/docs/general/enabling-developer-mode-r23/

Thanks again.

There is nothing else you need to do. You will see what Nathan pointed out above, and indeed, we do not advise this is ever done on a live environment