Bottom Line: How stable is the Upgrade to 4.7.0?

My blood pressure goes up every time the blue or red announcement of an Upgrade suddenly appears on my Board. I’ve hated Software Upgrades since I bought my first desktop Mac way the hell back in the 80’s. Yeah, I’m that old. And during my career as a commercial artist/graphic designer… Software Upgrades were always a hand wringing process. So I have Software Upgrade PTSD.

I’m reading about issues doing the auto Upgrade to 4.7.0 here on this Help Forum.

How stable is the auto upgrade for someone who only utilizes the Forum app, does not use any third party plug ins, and is totally native to the IPB software…and…uses the IPB Cloud Hosting? Asking for a friend.

Edited by Allen Bradford

2 minutes ago, Allen Bradford said:

My blood pressure goes up every time the blue or red announcement of an Upgrade suddenly appears on my Board. I’ve hated Software Upgrades since I bought my first desktop Mac way the hell back in the 80’s. Yeah, I’m that old. And during my career as a commercial artist/graphic designer… Software Upgrades were always a hand wringing process. So I have Software Upgrade PTSD.

I’m reading about issues doing the auto Upgrade to 4.7.0 here on this Help Forum.

How stable is the auto upgrade for someone who only utilizes the Forum app, does not use any third party plug ins, and is totally native to the IPB software…and…uses the IPB Cloud Hosting? Asking for a friend.

If you are using stock, then auto upgrade will be very stable. There was one issue that has already been patched in the upgrader, and most 3rd party issues have actually been related to updating to PHP 8 after upgrade, rather than anything else in any case. Of course you will want to ensure there is an updated version of your  theme available if needed.