Service DOWN - while upgrading the invision recommended updates

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Sure, logging is most important of all. I have tried with both the user id and email. Yes you are right, seems to be same issue what we encountered while upgrade. 

I highly suspect it is related to php. May I know is there any recommended or mandatory version of PHP on the server required for this update to work successful?

The minimum version is 7.4. Are you running any caching on your server there? If you are having problems whereby you can log in one minute and not the next, something is clearly changing, and wondeing if there is something you are running in that respect.

Also, please double check your password manager and ensure its not storing incorrect details. Even to the degree I would temporarily disable that to rule it out

My colleague has taken a look there, and you appear to have an issue with your database. You have no email addresses in you database there unfortunately, which is certainly what will be causing you issues. Your only option is to restore to an earlier point in time in order to correct the issues. It looks like this may have been what has been causing you issues previously. Did you bypass the login so you could upgrade?

@Marc StridgenWe actually waited before deciding on to restore. And now there are no login issues, consistently we are able to login to AdminCP. We also realized most of the times earlier cached password used was also wrong. But it was sure that there were login issues. Some of our users still unable to login. We would give some more time as they see below message about indexing is in progress.

Could contain: Motorcycle, Transportation, Vehicle, Text, Paper, Poster, Advertisement, Flyer, Wheel, Machine

Further, we validated some random user records. All of them looks fine with email ids. It might have been some delay from database side to reflect.

Could you advise on the next points please? Like the adverts not visible and images are not shown.

The search index would not impact email addresses on accounts. This would only effect searching and some small other areas of our software.

Regarding images, could you please provide us a link to the topic and question? Please also update the credentials file for your community so we can login to the admin area and front-end.

Here is the URL where images are replaced by urls: https://www.singaporebikes.com/news/promotions-offers/auto-exchange-new-addition-of-honda-x-adv-to-their-fleet-of-rental-bikes-r320/

We updated the credentials in the file.

The next most important issue is users are unable to login and sign up or reply to the posts.
If you can prioritize this, it would help us a lot.

Reply textbox not enabled for users:

Could contain: Text, Page, File

• Solution

It looks like you had numerous Javascript errors. After clearing system caches in ACP -> Support -> Clear System Caches, this has been resolved so they should be able to post. If you're still having issues, please clear your browser's cache as well.

If anyone is still having issues logging in, we would need to know the exact user.

39 minutes ago, SingaporeBikes.com said:

Sure, we have cleared the system caches as specified. The system is recommending to upgrade php too, please see the screenshot and suggest. We will get the users info who are facing login issues.

Could contain: File, Text, Menu, Webpage

Could contain: Text, Page

Yes, we recommend 8.0 but 7.4 is going to work fine and is compatible.