Archiving not archiving

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

A few weeks ago, I set the archive to 7 years.  The process completed within days. 

Could contain: Text, Page, File, Menu

Could contain: White Board, Text

However users are still finding and posting on decades-old threads such as this one today:

Could contain: Text, Number, Symbol

Why aren't the pages archived?

Edited by bassangler

I guess my question is, what was your recognition of that the process was complete? Typically, this would happen slowly in the background so there would not be a task like many other items that you could see "completes." It also, depending on the size of your community and your settings, could have a lot to crawl through and would do topics in batches so you may see some topics archived but others have not yet been processed.

On 5/4/2022 at 3:23 PM, bassangler said:

A few weeks ago, I set the archive to 7 years.  The process completed within days. 

I looked at the main dashboard and it didn't show any processes running.  If an archive process is running, it should be showing that it's running.  Doesn't make sense that it wouldn't.

6 hours ago, bassangler said:

I looked at the main dashboard and it didn't show any processes running.  If an archive process is running, it should be showing that it's running.  Doesn't make sense that it wouldn't.

There is no background task that shows for the archiver, as its always run, every cycle. 

• 4 weeks later...

Huh?  The thread was from 2006. Nobody had posted on it since, until 2 days ago - 15 years later.  If it had been archived, nobody should have been able to post on it, right?  

As mentioned above, the archive process started 6 weeks ago. That topic should have been archived, ergo that recent post should not have been possible on a 15 year old topic.

But at any rate, I just PM'd you a topic from 2004.  Go ahead and post on that then.  It should be archived, but it's not.