Caching issues

Hi there,

Some days ago I was trying to solve an issue with File System here which couldn't be replicated by staff. I still suffering from that issue.

Now I saw another issue... It seems there's something caching something which I don't see.

In this occasion, I get different results when I access my website as a logged in user from visiting as a Guest here: https://www.fmsite.net/files/file/1201-aroundtheglobe-megapack-by-davetheeditor/

The responsible from this file, uploaded and updated this file removing the attached file and pointing it to a external link. When I visit the webpage in private mode as a Guest and I click the button, it points me to the external link. However, when I am logged in, it is downloading the old attached file.

Why is this happening? I think both issues could be connected.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Ibai said:

The responsible from this file, uploaded and updated this file removing the attached file and pointing it to a external link. When I visit the webpage in private mode as a Guest and I click the button, it points me to the external link. However, when I am logged in, it is downloading the old attached file.

This would likely indicate some form of caching of the server or CDN as Randy is alluding to. If this was our in software cache, I would expect the Guest caching to have the old value till the software cache is cleared but any logged in use to have the updated value as that is indeed how things operate in our software.