(aXen) Content Notes - Topic Support

Thanks a lot. But how can I see an example of a forum category with different topics/posts and see how it looks like? 

The screenshot you attached is a bit confusing with many different colours everywhere, sorry 😞

Can notes added by a user group be seen by other user groups? Or are the notes private only for the user that created them?

6 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

Thanks a lot. But how can I see an example of a forum category with different topics/posts and see how it looks like? 

See this live example:

7 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

Can notes added by a user group be seen by other user groups? Or are the notes private only for the user that created them?

They are currently publicly available, but I plan to provide more control over their visibility in a future release.

2 minutes ago, aXenDev said:

See this live example:

They are currently publicly available, but I plan to provide more control over their visibility in a future release.

Thanks a lot. I will take a look at those links, much appreciated.

For me to buy it, I would need more control over the note's privacy. I don't want member's notes to be visible to everyone, only to themselves. If that's something you add in the future, I will consider buying your great tool. 

1 minute ago, Sirmadsen said:

What are the benefits of this over the built in message function in IPS? I use the function a lot on my site but I'm unsure if the price if justified when there already is a working similar function as standard.

You add a note to a specific post, not to the topic. As a result, the notes that will be created relate to a specific post. The author of the post on which the note was placed receives a notification that a new note has appeared on its content.

I have already prepared a template for version 1.1.0, which will introduce additional permissions for the visibility of notes and introduce the expiry time of such a note. See demo for visibility options:
image.thumb.png.be82e7e3c351ac7e7f014820b2250594.png

1 minute ago, BankFodder said:

For instance it would be very useful for site team simply to leave notes for other members of the site team without any of the members including the topic author being able to see.

This is exactly how it works with selected groups and forum moderators.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, OptimusBain said:

Any timeline for 4.7 support?

Could contain: File, Webpage, Page, Text

1 hour ago, OptimusBain said:

Was the possibility of showing noted only to the user that writes the notes? It would be great if the notes were only visible to the user that adds it.

You should check "Forum moderators" option. Imagine how many records can be in a database that cannot be seen by the moderator.
Naked Gun Panic GIF