URGENT HELP: Member unable to log in

Gauravk
Go to solution Solved by Marc,

Please convert this forum post to ticket urgently, so I can share the affected member credential.

One of the old member had an annual subscription that expired. He went to renew now to monthly, so it need to sign out and come as guest to select monthly subscription (another pain point of IPS since 4.5 upgrade, reported and no action of this illogical behavior). Anyways.

Current problem: This member can log in perfectly fine with his email and pw and access his account and access other "member-level" pages.

BUT

When he logs out and select monthly subscription, that ask him to login as returning member, then system isn't recognizing his credential and do nothing on that page. It actually refresh the same page over and over again with correct username and pw, as I reset the pw from backend and remove his FB and Google sign out option.

Please help urgently. Thanks in advance.

image.thumb.png.79de38332152c395d09628546d216b87.png

5 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

An existing subscription must be renewed or deleted in order to see new items.

Why?

Please explain the logic here to choose this trouble-causing route.

Upgrades, downgrades, upsell, cross-sell should be super easy and intuitive than member emailing admin to remove my expired monthly subscription as now I want to buy annual subscription. 

That's what I meant that IPS at every upgrade goes 1 step fwd and 2 step backward - consistently.

This increase abandon cart tremendously, if anyone here uses subscription for real commerce, they will realize the pain.

Our everyday story now:

image.png.d6c7042f2e750ee19dcfba6a5cc36a86.png

Standard Reply

image.thumb.png.a49f93e574a5eb32515c8a5a1d30a826.png

1 hour ago, Gauravk said:

Why?

Please explain the logic here to choose this trouble-causing route.

Upgrades, downgrades, upsell, cross-sell should be super easy and intuitive than member emailing admin to remove my expired monthly subscription as now I want to buy annual subscription. 

That's what I meant that IPS at every upgrade goes 1 step fwd and 2 step backward - consistently.

This increase abandon cart tremendously, if anyone here uses subscription for real commerce, they will realize the pain.

Our everyday story now:

image.png.d6c7042f2e750ee19dcfba6a5cc36a86.png

Standard Reply

image.thumb.png.a49f93e574a5eb32515c8a5a1d30a826.png

Sorry that you are not happy with this in it's current state. I'm afraid that this is not anything new. As mentioned in your ticket, please create a topic in our official Feature Suggestion forum if you would like to see this changed. This way your suggestion does not get lost.