Error -200 when uploading files

Bluedrake42
Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

• Solution

A -200 error here would be an error processing the upload on your server. You would want to check your server error logs to find out what this is.

Common examples are below but, of course, not an exhaustive list of what could be impacting you:

• You're uploading an image which is larger than your PHP/server configuration allows.
  • Your PHP/server memory limit is being hit when processing the image.

45 minutes ago, Jim M said:

A -200 error here would be an error processing the upload on your server. You would want to check your server error logs to find out what this is.

Common examples are below but, of course, not an exhaustive list of what could be impacting you:

• You're uploading an image which is larger than your PHP/server configuration allows.
  • Your PHP/server memory limit is being hit when processing the image.

Yeah, that seems to be what it is. Appears to be a PHP memory limit. Someone was uploading a file over the size of 460 and we need to update our PHP settings to handle that.

Unfortunately it seems I was incorrect. We assumed updating the PHP would fix it, but it has not. We still seem to have this -200 error whenever attempting to upload files larger than 200mb. This is through an s3 configuration, so I'm not sure if that might have something to do with it.

6 minutes ago, Bluedrake42 said:

Unfortunately it seems I was incorrect. We assumed updating the PHP would fix it, but it has not. We still seem to have this -200 error whenever attempting to upload files larger than 200mb. This is through an s3 configuration, so I'm not sure if that might have something to do with it.

Files will still be uploaded temporarily to your server and then sent to S3. You will want to check your server error logs to see what is happening when you upload this image. It will take some investigation on you or your hosting provider's end to see what is happening here but I can assure you, -200 error's are always an issue on the server's side.

2 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Files will still be uploaded temporarily to your server and then sent to S3. You will want to check your server error logs to see what is happening when you upload this image. It will take some investigation on you or your hosting provider's end to see what is happening here but I can assure you, -200 error's are always an issue on the server's side.

We checked, we didn't get any error logs server side.

24 minutes ago, Bluedrake42 said:

Have you checked the php.ini file settings for the settings of things like 

php_value upload_max_filesize and php_value post_max_size 

And also 

php_value max_input_time and php_value max_execution_time 

• 2 weeks later...

I am curious on what is causing this also.  We get the error now and then.  Most of the time it is when you drag and drop a file instead of choosing the "Choose Files" option, but lately we have one user that seems to be getting it more often then not.