File names with the @ symbol vs. holding content with email address

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Hi there,

I found out a very silly bug with the plataform, regarding the new feature that holds content for approval if an email adress is detected. If an image with an "@" symbol in its filename is inserted, the post is held for approval.

We had old custom emoticons with file names such as:

biggrin@2x.png
ohmy@2x.png
sad@2x.png
tongue@2x.png
happy@2x.png
ph34r@2x.png
sleep@2x.png
wink@2x.png
smile@2x.png

Whenever any one of them was used, the post would be held for approval.

I deleted these emoticons, but maybe this is something you want to take a look into.

Thanks,

Gabe.

@Marc Stridgen

4 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

are you holding URLs with an @ in moderation?

I am not sure that I understood the question. I simply enabled the new feature below, available in the Word Filters section, Spam & E-mail tab:

Added the ability to moderate or replace posted email addresses with an obfuscated placeholder in content.

So, I know that this is causing the issue, as explained in my original post. What I am reporting here is that, in my opinion, this filter should ignore filenames from images/emoticons.

Cheers

Edited by Gabriel Torres

20 minutes ago, Gabriel Torres said:

@Marc Stridgen

I am not sure that I understood the question. I simply enabled the new feature below, available in the Word Filters section, Spam & E-mail tab:

So, I know that this is causing the issue, as explained in my original post. What I am reporting here is that, in my opinion, this filter should ignore filenames from images/emoticons.

Cheers

I would suspect you are probably correct indeed 🙂 

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention! I can confirm this should be further reviewed and I have logged an internal bug report for our development team to investigate and address as necessary, in a future maintenance release.

• 4 weeks later...