Embed Google Maps content into posts

NAWAC

YouTube, Vimeo, and other content is embedded automatically into posts and the embedded content can be viewed directly inside the posts. I noticed that inside the Amin CP under System > Settings > Posting there is an option for "Automatically embed links?" Within that option is says that Google Maps can be automatically embedded into posts.  However, Google Maps don't seem to be working. When I post a link to a Google map or a custom mymaps.google.com only the link/url is posted and not an embed of the actual map.

How do you get an embed of the actual map inside a post? Am I doing something wrong?

image.png.eae1b45599e275ca5da89cfab8a993bf.png

43 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

Have you setup the integration for Google Maps?  

Check out:

ACP > System > Site Features > Integrations > Google Maps

You'll need to setup an API Key, etc.  

Thank you, I didn't know I needed to do that. I've setup all the credentials as you suggested and followed instructions in ACP.  

When I try to embed a map, I get this error...

Google Maps Platform rejected your request. Invalid request. Invalid 'center' parameter.

Any google maps URL does not work. For example, here's one:  

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Micro+Center/@32.9374772,-96.7524279,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x864c202a72519f71:0xabc498f0b6efd2be!8m2!3d32.9377414!4d-96.7500276

Now I get this error:

Google Maps Platform rejected your request. This API key is not authorized to use this service or API.

6 minutes ago, NAWAC said:

Now I get this error:

Google Maps Platform rejected your request. This API key is not authorized to use this service or API.

This would indicate that your API key was not setup properly. Please ensure you follow the guide correctly and not add any further features till you ensure it is working first 🙂 .