How could a member become Grand Master with no posts?

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Excellent thanks. It does seem a bit strange that the system allows someone to become a grand master by spamming. Couldn't the software flag up suspicious activity like a member messaging a suspicious amount of people?  Anyway I've disabled messenger completely now. I suppose "private" messages are a delicate subject for you to control.

33 minutes ago, Jim M said:

these messages are still in your database, the rebuild of Achievements would count these and this is how the user has this much reputation (they sent a TON of messages

One last question - how can I get rid of these messages or will that be covered in the "delete all their content" option after flagging as spammer?

16 minutes ago, Washerhelp said:

Excellent thanks. It does seem a bit strange that the system allows someone to become a grand master by spamming. Couldn't the software flag up suspicious activity like a member messaging a suspicious amount of people? 

What you are describing here is not a feature in the software. If this is something you would like to see, please suggest it in our Feature Suggestion forum.

17 minutes ago, Washerhelp said:

One last question - how can I get rid of these messages or will that be covered in the "delete all their content" option after flagging as spammer?

You would need to delete all their content or the user themselves. 

3 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You would need to delete all their content or the user themselves. 

I just started doing this and have deleted at least one genuine member. Is there a way to undo?

I reported this problem some years back but nothing has changed and I forgot about it. When you go to banned or spammers the dashboard shows a list of banned or spammers. At the end of each member there is a delete account button. 

When you delete an account the page refreshes the list - BUT it has taken you to the "All" tab and when you delete the next one you are deleting a legitimate member but you think you are still in the Banned tab that you selected.

Can you please get this changed? It's surely a terrible way to work. If you select a tab to view spammers you should stay in that tab until you click a different tab. I posted this suggestion a couple of years ago but it's not been changed.

If there's no undo I will have to restore my forum from last night. 

2 minutes ago, Washerhelp said:

I just started doing this and have deleted at least one genuine member. Is there a way to undo?

There is not. Deleting a member as an admin is a final action and would require a full restore of a database backup to restore the user. Keep in mind that you would lose any content made after the backup was taken.

4 minutes ago, Washerhelp said:

I reported this problem some years back but nothing has changed and I forgot about it. When you go to banned or spammers the dashboard shows a list of banned or spammers. At the end of each member there is a delete account button. 

When you delete an account the page refreshes the list - BUT it has taken you to the "All" tab and when you delete the next one you are deleting a legitimate member but you think you are still in the Banned tab that you selected.

Can you please get this changed? It's surely a terrible way to work. If you select a tab to view spammers you should stay in that tab until you click a different tab. I posted this suggestion a couple of years ago but it's not been changed.

If there's no undo I will have to restore my forum from last night. 

Please supply your suggestion in our Feature Suggestion forum for this.