Add New Record in Pages (with custom fields)

Brainy S.
Go to solution Solved by opentype,

I'm assuming there's no built-in way direct way to select which database fields can be displayed when doing an "Add new record" on the front-end in Pages (beyond the Title, Content, and Image)? Or is there actually a way to do that?

Assuming not, can this be accomplished by modifying a template or through some other specific method? If so, are there any examples of this that I could be directed to?

55 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Although what the purpose of the field would then be, Im not sure, as nobody can see it.

As an example, I have a kind of "technical" field that pools information of two other fields, compare them and display appropriate information from user profile. The script sits in display custom format. The value added to the field itself is not used, so no need to show it on the form 😉 

Edited by Sonya*

1 hour ago, Sonya* said:

As an example, I have a kind of "technical" field that pools information of two other fields, compare them and display appropriate information from user profile. The script sits in display custom format. The value added to the field itself is not used, so no need to show it on the form 😉 

Thats a pretty neat idea 🙂 

On 1/25/2022 at 11:12 PM, opentype said:

The custom fields offered on the database form page depend on permissions and the category they are activated for. So, it that sense, they can be “selected”. I am not sure what you wan on top of that. Maybe give a specific example so it more clear?

Thank you! This was indeed my issue.

To clarify for anyone else reading this I had added new fields (such as URL, Phone Number, etc.) that were not showing up when users on the front end would go to create a new record to contribute.

My issue was indeed permissions on the new fields were not granted (not even to myself as admin).

Thanks again!

Edited by Brainy S.
typo