Quote in editor

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

18 hours ago, dutchsnowden said:

I want to tag a news source, like for example FoxNews said...

I dont want a link. i used to to this in the past versions.

The only way to do this without a modification is to not use the Quote button to quote the entire post, but to instead highlight the text you want to quote and then press the "Quote Selection" button that appears next to this text.  

I did this above with your reply earlier and you can see what it looks like.  

3 minutes ago, dutchsnowden said:

I guess you missed this part of my text which I am quoting now.

It says who said it.  "Just now, **MEMBER NAME** said:"

There is no link.  The down arrow shows/hides the quoted text.  

Now...  it's not possible to do this with EXTERNAL sources.  

Edited by Randy Calvert

I am definitely miss something here. Can you show me the text below in a quote "CNN said:" and I will post a text from cnn.com here. 

A federal judge in New York on Wednesday denied a motion to dismiss a lawsuit against Prince Andrew filed by Virginia Giuffre, a woman who alleges she was sexually trafficked to the royal when she was underage.

I need same, with "CNN Said" as I am quoting a pasted text quotation. Not a forum post.

38 minutes ago, dutchsnowden said:

I am definitely miss something here. Can you show me the text below in a quote "CNN said:" and I will post a text from cnn.com here. 

I need same, with "CNN Said" as I am quoting a pasted text quotation. Not a forum post.

Just tried this on my forum

With the ability to edit at source/html you can change quote to CNN or whatever you want 

Image 2.jpg

8 hours ago, dutchsnowden said:

Yeah, @Marc Stridgen said that with source/html I can do that, minutes after I posted the topic, but I do not want to activate HTML posting for all members.

You could maybe achieve this by creating a custom button for your users to use. Just another thought for you. 

16 minutes ago, dutchsnowden said:

Is there any documentation on how I could achieve this?

This discusses how to add custom buttons. We would not be able to provide you the specific code for your particular solution. That would be for yourself to develop. But this is how you add custom items

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/themes-and-customizations/editor-and-emoticons_327/adding-custom-editor-buttons-r134/