Manipulate Topic Data

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Olmyster said:

Hi @Miss_B. I don't know why but your plugin doesn't work on my site anymore. Nothing other than the default options appear in the "Moderation Actions" list. I specify that the rights are correctly set in the settings.

Can you give me admin access to your forum so I can look into this?

• 2 months later...

I have a question about functionality. 

From the description:

2) Change Author.

When clicked upon it will display the topic author with the option to select a new author. After the changes are saved, the topic info will be updated accordingly to reflect the new author. The new changes will be updated in the search and activity page as well.

You have the options to descrease old author 's post count and increase the post count of the new author.

That specifies 'topic author', does that mean that only the thread starter can be changed or can each and every post starter be changed?

I'm wanting to re-create a thread from 5 years ago (which I have locally archived), from a now dead board. So I want to re-post each and every post and change it's date, time and poster to what the original thread was. 

If it's only for the topic starter and not for each individual poster, I suppose I could do a workaround where I post each post as its own thread, change the data then merge them all into one thread. 

53 minutes ago, VaBeach_Guy said:

That specifies 'topic author', does that mean that only the thread starter can be changed or can each and every post starter be changed?

I'm wanting to re-create a thread from 5 years ago (which I have locally archived), from a now dead board. So I want to re-post each and every post and change it's date, time and poster to what the original thread was. 

If it's only for the topic starter and not for each individual poster, I suppose I could do a workaround where I post each post as its own thread, change the data then merge them all into one thread. 

It is only for the thread starter. It changes the author for the very first post of the topic.

Edited by Miss_B
42 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

It is only for the thread starter. It changes the author for the very first post of the topic.

Ok, thanks. Am I correct about my workaround? I should be able to make individual posts, alter them, then merge them into one thread and when all is said and done, I'll have the end results that I ultimately want.  

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Serathy said:

Very strange, yes. I've used the application many time before, I think I'm it's only reviewer. I uninstalled, reinstalled, changed themes, and nothing... perplexing.

Did you set the permissions accordingly?

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Guy said:

A thought for a future addition, can you make an adjustment to add likes to the post?

Not a big deal if not, but in my case, I'm re-creating a thread from an old iteration of my board which is now gone, but I have an archive of that old thread so I want to re-create it as exactly as possible. 

That goes beyond the scope of the app. It is best done as a separate app. 

• 7 months later...

Thank you for being a client! The Invision Community Marketplace is closing October 30 2023, so I am moving all of my files over to my personal site https://www.yourforumservices.com

Bookmark https://www.yourforumservices.com and the new Marketplace Directory https://www.invisioneer.org/.