Mobile view – how to reposition announcements et cetera

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hi, our mobile view is cluttered with the various announcements that we have before people actually get down to the body of the forum.

Although we are using 1/3 party announcement application, it's the same if we use the standard Invision announcement system.
You can configure the announcement in all sorts of ways that you can't configure them to appear or not appear in mobile view – or to reposition them, for instance that the bottom of the page in mobile view.

If you want to have a look – www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk – look at it in mobile view

Edited by BankFodder

• Solution

Your sidebar looks to be currently figured to be on top in mobile view due to being on the left-hand side, this would mean all sidebar elements will be above content. If you would like these elements to show up below the content, you would need to swap the sidebar to being on the right-hand side currently.

If you would like to see a change to this behavior, you're welcome to submit a topic in our Feature Suggestions forum.

Thanks for this and thanks for taking the time to have a look.

I never imagined that placing the sidebar on the left side of the right side would effect where it appeared in the mobile view. I wonder if that is written anywhere?

Yes I think it would be an important feature not only to designate left side or right side in desktop you but also top or bottom in mobile view – especially as mobile access to these forums is so significant nowadays.

I'll do exactly as you suggest that I will refer the feature request to your post and to my post on this topic.

Edited by BankFodder