Certain CKEditor plugins nuke the toolbar buttons

Go to solution Solved by Nathan Explosion,

Earlier this year, I had an image plugin on my site's editor that was beyond the basic one; it was either Easy Image or Enhanced Image, can't recall. For life reasons, my site languished for much of this year as my group all had other concerns to deal with. So a few Invision updates took place before we resumed working on the site in the last month and a half.

As I've been trying to make tweaks to the editor, I've found that adding certain plugins results in erasing every button, both on the "holding" toolbar and the live one. Basically, if I add certain ones, then everything is gone, and the only option is to hit Restore Default Configuration and start all over. I don't know what plugin originally caused this, but in the course of trying to restore a nicer-than-the-basic image button, I've identified that one of the many dependency plugins, Ajax Data Loading, is one of those that trashes everything on the toolbar.

Is there a different process for adding that plugin? It's a required dependency of one of the required dependencies for the image plugins I want to use.

• Solution
5 minutes ago, Moonbeam said:

Ajax Data Loading

The specific reason that causes an issue is because it itself has a dependency of the XML plugin being installed - so make sure you install that too (just tested, fixes the problem)

Also...make sure that the plugin you are installing is compatible with the version of ckeditor in use (IPS 4.6.8 uses CKEditor 4.16.2)

As @Nathan Explosion (I like your new profile photo btw, Nathan, hope things are going well), if the editor is failing to load this would indicate that the plugin that was installed is causing an issue. It maybe there is a dependency missing, the plugin isn't compatible, or in some odd cases, you may be attempting to overwrite a plugin already in use. Ultimately, there should be a browser console error pointing out what is happening (or an error in general pointing to the plugin.js file).