Problems with Unread Content

Go to solution Solved by AlanWeiss,

My users are having issues with the unread content feed. They read the content and then go back to the listing and see the "read" content is still there marked "unread". No matter how many times they view the content, it does not register as "read" until they log out and then login again. 

Is there a setting I'm missing that could fix this? I'm at a bit of a loss.

Attached a video for reference

9 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Is this happening with all accounts old and new alike? Or is it specifically happening with older accounts who have read a lot of content?

As far as I know it's everyone. I've just put a call out to other users to let me know if they are also having the same problem 

Edited by AlanWeiss

8 minutes ago, AlanWeiss said:

As far as I know it's everyone. I've just put a call out to other users to let me know if they are also having the same problem 

Could you please update your access details in the Client Area so we can take a look? We may need to look at a few things, including marking the site as read. 

28 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Could you please update your access details in the Client Area so we can take a look? We may need to look at a few things, including marking the site as read. 

I'm afraid I'm not sure what that means. I don't see anything in the Client Area labelled "Access Details"

Thank you for updating your access information. I would recommend reaching out to your hosting provider to ask if they have any caching deployed on your server or domain. After attempting multiple things which would force the cache to reset in the software or mark properly these items as read is, unfortunately, still resulting in the same output for any member I log in as. This would indicate that some server cache is deployed and caching the page or otherwise which is resulting in what you're seeing.

59 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Thank you for updating your access information. I would recommend reaching out to your hosting provider to ask if they have any caching deployed on your server or domain. After attempting multiple things which would force the cache to reset in the software or mark properly these items as read is, unfortunately, still resulting in the same output for any member I log in as. This would indicate that some server cache is deployed and caching the page or otherwise which is resulting in what you're seeing.

Thanks. If there is some sort of server caching happening, what is your recommendation? Should I remove all caching?

2 minutes ago, AlanWeiss said:

Thanks. If there is some sort of server caching happening, what is your recommendation? Should I remove all caching?

You would need to remove all caching which cache the whole page or session as this could cause issues in dynamic software where the same URL will supply various content depending on who is viewing it.

• 3 weeks later...