Member cannot login to forum

Go to solution Solved by Jonas Erlandsson,

It looks like you opted to go with our recent recommendation and change login from usernames to email addresses. You mentioned in your statement that they are using a username. Do they get the error when using email address? Is it giving an error of incorrect credentials or just redirecting?

8 minutes ago, SIRAPHONG RITTATHAM said:

how to update the access details on file in the Client Area?

for more info: I have fix all database problem but still cannot login and cannot change theme also 

Have you recently changed from HTTP to HTTPS? I would ensure that you disable any server redirects (including CloudFlare) and ensure that your community is setup properly for HTTPS by follow this guide: https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/advanced-options/configuration-options/using-ssl-https-r273/

You can update access details by going to the Client Area -> Manage Purchases -> click your license -> Review/Update Access Information.

I'm having the same issue on my environment.

I created an account, can log in to admin (I added the account to the admin group), but I can't log in to the Front.

I've debugged the login and I can see that my user is being fetched, but it seems like it's not setting the session at all (if that's what being used).

I don't get any errors, and I see that I get a 301 to _fromLogin=1 via

\IPS\Output::i()->redirect( $ref->setQueryString( '_fromLogin', 1 ) );

Since it's processing the entire $success flow, I guess it should actually log me in and when I debug the $success variable I can find my user in there.

Might the problem be related to a faulty session?

17 minutes ago, jerlandsson said:

Hello Marc.

image.png.352135ff65a7c5acd0f76f6976bfc359.png

Quite a few 🙈

They're all disabled now, and none of them are enabled in private browser window, but I'm still not getting logged in.

Having so many plugins will indeed cause you issues at some point. Could you please try another browser and see if you can get logged in there?

Ok. I've gotten so far that if I dd (as in die and dump) the \IPS\Session::i()->member before the redirect in the login controller if actually gives me the proper user back.

If I dd the same thing after the redirect, the member is gone and it's just a random "browser user".

Not giving support on testinstalls isn't something I feel we should get into in public forums. We can continue that thread via the support system if you'd like 🙂

Sorry, forgot to answer your tips too.
There is nothing in the browser console or in the backend logs. The request flow works and I end up on the 301 that redirects me to the page with the proper $_GET['_fromLogin'] in place. It's when the page redirects something happens with the Session. It happens both on localhost and our dev environment.

38 minutes ago, Jonas Erlandsson said:

The reason why I'm thinking about a support ticket is because I'm not too keen on giving out the URL publicly just yet.

I guess I could just DM you the URL too.

And sorry Siraphong for completely hijacking your thread.

You can certainly add it to the notes within your access details on file when you add your access details. No need to give it out publically

1 hour ago, Jonas Erlandsson said:

The test URL is registered in my client area, but I'm thinking that you probably need an account too, right?
Could you point me to where I can edit these access details?
Sorry, I'm a rookie 😬

In your client area, select your license and you will see "Stored Access Information. Click the button below that to update your access information