site will not upgrade

Go to solution Solved by Stan Jensen,

It fails/stalls on extracting..

I also can not fill out a support ticket in the CP it will not let e put anything into the comments so I can not send

My account is paid up today but not getting any response from support here.

Thoughts anyone

Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 10.57.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 10.55.59 AM.png

Edited by Stan Jensen

Hi Stan,

Wish I could help, but I will say it looks like you posted in Developer Connection, so you probably won't catch the attention of staff as quickly here.   IPS has stated they have staff manning the Community Support forum as a first line support method:

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/406-community-support/

You should be able to create a support request though, via your Client Area:

https://invisioncommunity.com/clientarea/purchases/

On 9/30/2021 at 1:26 PM, Chris Anderson said:

For the time being you can use this to create a request:

image.png.a91e9ef7ff3fb0b8e6970fbbbbef8d86.png

image.thumb.png.cfca91fc984feb6cd3df47539d601a90.png

Edited by IPCommerceFan

Hi there, @Stan Jensen!

Few things have changed around here (as you can see 🙂 ), you should have received an email detailing these changes to the email address on file as you are a self-hosted client. The main avenue of support will be through our forums here: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/497-help-support/ . However, self-hosted clients will still have email support till 2022 (please see your email for exact date as it will depend on your license expiration). It is worth noting that the support policies have not changed, just how you start a support request.

Looks like we have an accounts and sales inquiry from you in our ticket system but no recent support tickets. I have replied to you to see what you require assistance with.

If you did not receive any of the above emails, please ensure that the email address on file is accurate and check your spam folder please 🙂 . 

Please also note I've moved this to our Help Support forum so we can keep better tabs on this topic.

Furthermore, on your original subject, are you still having issues with the download extracting when upgrading? Please ensure that your file permissions are set correctly and the owner of each folder/file is owned by the correct group/user for your web server.

On 10/4/2021 at 2:43 PM, Jim M said:

Furthermore, on your original subject, are you still having issues with the download extracting when upgrading? Please ensure that your file permissions are set correctly and the owner of each folder/file is owned by the correct group/user for your web server.

thanks. where can I get a list of folders and their permissions?

I deleted a bunch of suspicious looking file in the root. I think they caused by issues.

1 minute ago, Stan Jensen said:

thanks. where can I get a list of folders and their permissions?

I deleted a bunch of suspicious looking file in the root. I think they caused by issues.

Our folders structure can be found in the download in the client area.

Regarding permissions, the following folders would need to be writable on your server. Typically, this is 777 but if you run suPHP or suexec, it will be 755. I'd recommend contacting your hosting provider to find out if you're unsure:

• applications
  • datastore
  • plugins
  • uploads and all sub-folders of uploads

13 minutes ago, Stan Jensen said:

I fear that I will break this beyond fixable.

If you are afraid of doing harm on your server with permissions, I would advise contacting your hosting provider for assistance. If there is a concern elsewhere, please let us know.

1 minute ago, Stan Jensen said:

Can I please just find out what specific folder I need to Check permissions on with out being sent to a bunch of pages that I do not understand what is needed, please.

If you deleted a bunch of files, getting the full set from the Client Area is the only way to ensure that you have all our files. It would be a very laborious process to go file by file stating what you need.

Regarding permissions, we've provided you with the specific folders which require writable permissions. The rest should be 755.

The files I deleted where below the /forums folder 

the server was hacked a few weeks ago, and there was word stuff there

is any folders other than /forums needed below that?

or the files attached? I do not think they existed before

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 2.13.42 PM.png

ok. all the folders you mentioned earlier are 755.  yet no extraction available when I do the upgrade.

2 minutes ago, Stan Jensen said:

thanks 

AM so sorry for my impatience 

If the setting all all correct. how long should it take to extract?

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 3.14.59 PM.png

That would be variable on your server, I'm afraid. With that said, it is not a terribly long process but is not super quick either. It looks like something may have gone wrong there as the progress bar is not appearing correctly.

May wish to ask your hosting provider if you use mod_security as it may be blocking the request there also with a permission denied (403) message. If so, you'll want them to temporarily disable to test this.