IN_DEV fails to load page in full. Cause? Solution?

The good folks of Invision's development team inform me this is not a bug with the current Invision Community 4.6 beta (still current in final release too). Nevertheless, I am currently experiencing an interesting issue that causes the page not to render, as shown in the screenshot. This only happens when IN_DEV is enabled.

You can see for yourself at my public testing site: https://domaintaken.org/d/

I am curious if anyone has any clues on how to resolve this issue. As always, thank you kindly for your time and consideration. 😀

in_dev.png

Edited by Linux-Is-Best
clarity, updated post as to note this still is happening in the final release as well

The sytlesheet was not loaded because its MIME type, “text/html”, is not “text/css”.

The obvious cause when viewing my browser's web tools (I use Mozilla Firefox) is that the correct stylesheet is not loading. However, it is not browser-specific, as I experience this when using Brave Browser too. Although, that does not explain why, and I am unsure how to resolve this issue (other than to disable IN_DEV).

Edited by Linux-Is-Best
clarity

I'll ask the obvious question...are you using the correct dev tools for the installed version of software?

Also, I personally wouldn't do IN_DEV on what appears to be a live site, even though you have it as your own test site. Do development on a localhost installation: DEV -> TEST -> PRODUCTION

Edited by Nathan Explosion

16 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

I'll ask the obvious question...are you using the correct dev tools for the installed version of software?

This - we were a bit busy, so we weren't able to update the Developer Tools immediately for 4.6. Try re-downloading them.

4 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Also, I personally wouldn't do IN_DEV on what appears to be a live site, even though you have it as your own test site. Do development on a localhost installation: DEV -> TEST -> PRODUCTION

My test site will always be a live site, as it will be my intention in the future to purchase a 2nd license for actual production. Localhost is not a solution I'll be looking to use as I would want my development in a live working environment.

YES, I am using the 4.6 developer tools.

4 hours ago, Ryan Ashbrook said:

This - we were a bit busy, so we weren't able to update the Developer Tools immediately for 4.6. Try re-downloading them.

YES, I am using the 4.6 developer tools.