I'm looking at a new host who limits the number of emails sent per hour and per day. What is the best way to find out what my average number of emails sent is, either through cPanel or my community?

In addition, is there a way to stop the individual emails (for each topic response) and only allow a digest version?

Edited by PrettyPixels

I'd recommend avoiding using a host that sets arbitrary limits. IPS doesn't have anything out of the box that would limit the number of e-mails sent out per hour and per day. Consider using a third-party mailing service such as Sendgrid.

However! You can set defaults and disable e-mail as an option in configuring your community's default notification settings from the ACP:

This may help keep e-mail to a minimum.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

You can change the notification defaults to minimise the number of emails sent, but we do not have any way to limit the number of emails sent in a specific timeframe.

This is a pity because sending thousands of messages is often perceived as spam.

I had a problem with sendgrid and the CNIL who notified me that outsourcing the sending of newsletters is prohibited in France since 2005. Which means that if only one member is French, it's a disaster.

Edited by NoSpy