Jump to content

Triple registrations after upgrading to MariaDB 10.3

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

After upgrading from MariaDB 10.0 to 10.3 I suddently get errors when new members register.

The following error message is dispalyed:


Sorry, there is a problem

You are not permitted to register a user account with this site.
Error code: 2S129/1

Now, what happens behind the scenes is that every new registration is recorded in triplicate, IOW, 3 new registrations for each registration attempt, so the error message is very likely caused by the system trying to register the same info three times, with keys staying the same, and hence causing this error.

Any idea how I could solve this?

Is this maybe a setting in my.cnf, and if so what?

I tried playing around with the settings, but cannot solve it somehow.

Thank you very much in advance for any assistance with this problem.

Kind regards, Wim


Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, CoffeeCake said:

That error is supposed to mean that the IPS spam service rules you have set up forbid registration from the person attempting to register.

Not sure why you have triple the registrations, but are you sure it's happening for every account?

Yes, for every account since upgrading to MariaDB 10.3 about 14 hours ago. I did soem test myself over th elast few hours, and now it either rejects completely, or adds 3 registrations.

I think the error triggers because it registers each registration 3 times. They do not go through email validation anymore either, they are promoted straight to the first member group upon validation.

Really weird.

I am digging into configuration settings in my.cnf, but so far have not found anything yet.

The weird thing is that this actually happened in the Classifieds add-on, and only there, prior to upgrading, but that appears to be fine now. The error there was a 1054.

Kind regards, Wim

Edited by wimg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When trying to ad a new member via the ACP, I get the following errors:


EX1364 Something went wrong. Please try again.



INSERT INTO `ibf_core_pfields_content` ( `member_id` ) VALUES ( 159253 ) ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `member_id`=VALUES(`member_id`)
IPS\Db\Exception: Field 'sfsNextCheck' doesn't have a default value (1364)
#0 /home/user/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(948): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*database:...', Array)
#1 /home/user/public_html/forum/system/Member/Member.php(408): IPS\_Db->insert('core_pfields_co...', Array, true)
#2 /home/user/public_html/forum/applications/core/modules/admin/members/members.php(1075): IPS\_Member->save()
#3 /home/user/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->add()
#4 /home/user/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/user/public_html/forum/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

IOW, that is an error when it tries ot insert it more than once, as far as I can see. Oh, the user does get added, BTW. Really strange.

No idea why. My.cnf has been minimalized now, so MariaDB is runnign more or less with defaults as far as possible with a large database (11 GB) and 114K registered members.

We are using Centos 7.9 and cPanel latest version, with 4xSSD in RAID for data and another 4xSSD for the database, also RAID, 128GB DRAM, 32 cores (ntel Dual Xeon Gold 6226R), and a spindle drive for back-ups.

If anybody has an idea, it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards, Wim

P.S.: replaced actual user with "user" and the database name with "database".





Edited by wimg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Try to locate which third party app/plugin has added the sfsNextCheck field and remove it. Or you can edit said column at your phpmyadmin to allow it to be null. To do that, tick the box for 'null' while in the edit mode, and save the changes. That should fix the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi guys, thank you both!

Marc already replied to the Support Request I created around 5 am local time, out of desperation.

It appears that that was a column in core_pfields from more than 11 years ago, StopForumSpam, which we used when there wasn't much else, with version 2.x of the forum software. It looks like it never did uninstall properly when we moved on, and it has been hiding there for all those years, and now finally causing problems with the very much stricter MariaDB 10.3 version when it comes to non-default values :).

It looks fixed now I deleted the column, but I will keep an eye on it :).

Kindest regards, Wim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...