Display ALL Payment Methods - Change Currency as Needed

H5K

Commerce is great. Thank you for integrating Stripe and all of the methods that Stripe supports.

Our default currency is USD. The problem is that during checkout, any payment methods that doesn''t support USD will not be shown. So our users don't know that Sofort or iDEAL are accepted because they don't show and only know that they can use those methods if they switch the currency to EUR.

I would recommend making it so that all payment methods display and the currency is automatically switched in the case that the payment method selected necessitates it.

If anyone wants to code this as a plugin, I'll gladly pay for it. We're losing customers because they don't know that by switching the currency they would see additional methods.

I requested a change similar to this nearly 3 years ago, but nothing has happened.  A lot of the currency functions in Commerce make no sense. 

On other websites, if someone sets a USD price, but the member has EUR selected, it will still show the USD price and automatically convert to their preferred when they go through checkout.  For some reason Invision can't seem to handle this or even want to, so when my site had multiple currency options, it was a hodge podge of listings with no price and people assuming they couldn't buy it.  The same issue carries over into Downloads.

We had to resort to only allowing one currency which forces members to pay conversion fees through PayPal or their credit/bank company, but we had no other choice.

4 minutes ago, ahc said:

I requested a change similar to this nearly 3 years ago, but nothing has happened.  A lot of the currency functions in Commerce make no sense. 

On other websites, if someone sets a USD price, but the member has EUR selected, it will still show the USD price and automatically convert to their preferred when they go through checkout.  For some reason Invision can't seem to handle this or even want to, so when my site had multiple currency options, it was a hodge podge of listings with no price and people assuming they couldn't buy it.  The same issue carries over into Downloads.

We had to resort to only allowing one currency which forces members to pay conversion fees through PayPal or their credit/bank company, but we had no other choice.

Very unfortunate. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

On 3/26/2021 at 12:41 PM, H5K said:

We're losing customers because they don't know that by switching the currency they would see additional methods.

Hey there. Sorry to hear about this. When a user from Europe goes to check out, is there something discouraging them from switching the currency to EUR? Or is it confusing? 

On 3/26/2021 at 1:44 PM, ahc said:

For some reason Invision can't seem to handle this or even want to

I definitely don't think it's this 😅

We care a lot about offering the best solutions and are always working to improve functionality. 😇 

I'd love some more information about this before I present to the team to see if it's something we can take a closer look into. 

On 3/29/2021 at 11:06 AM, Jordan Invision said:

Hey there. Sorry to hear about this. When a user from Europe goes to check out, is there something discouraging them from switching the currency to EUR? Or is it confusing? 

I definitely don't think it's this 😅

We care a lot about offering the best solutions and are always working to improve functionality. 😇 

I'd love some more information about this before I present to the team to see if it's something we can take a closer look into. 

Wow, thank you very much for responding. Apologies if my comment sounded aggressive, it was more meant toward the code than the team. I've been a customer for over 7 years and the team has been exceptionally kind and helpful.

The problem is that it is confusing and unintuitive. Our customers may see the option to switch currencies, but they either do not feel the need to or do not know that by switching currencies they will see additional payment options. By the time they are at the checkout page with the payment options its too late for them to switch currencies or be aware that by doing so they will have more options. That is the biggest problem for us.

If you would like any more information or have any more questions please feel free to ask, I will bookmark this thread and keep a better eye on it.

20 hours ago, H5K said:

Wow, thank you very much for responding. Apologies if my comment sounded aggressive, it was more meant toward the code than the team. I've been a customer for over 7 years and the team has been exceptionally kind and helpful.

The problem is that it is confusing and unintuitive. Our customers may see the option to switch currencies, but they either do not feel the need to or do not know that by switching currencies they will see additional payment options. By the time they are at the checkout page with the payment options its too late for them to switch currencies or be aware that by doing so they will have more options. That is the biggest problem for us.

If you would like any more information or have any more questions please feel free to ask, I will bookmark this thread and keep a better eye on it.

Appreciate the kind words! Means a lot, thank you. 🙏 

I'll take this to the team and see what they say. 

Perhaps for the time-being, you can add a block to the checkout page that tells the purchaser they have the option to switch currencies? I know that's a bit clunky, but if it's worded in a clear and simple way it might not be too cumbersome. 😅

11 hours ago, Jordan Invision said:

Perhaps for the time-being, you can add a block to the checkout page that tells the purchaser they have the option to switch currencies? I know that's a bit clunky, but if it's worded in a clear and simple way it might not be too cumbersome. 😅

For me, a lot of customers do not see the option to switch their currency, I would prefer all payment methods be shown and agree with H5K. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 10:40 AM, Jordan Invision said:

Great suggestion. We had actually already done that.

Unfortunately, like @realspezz said, some people are still missing the option to switch currencies, so we made it a hyperlink with the images of the payment methods supported by each currency like below. Clunky, but a good temporary solution.

image.png.305207f24ee2892fb0c1c29721e64eb4.png

On 4/1/2021 at 10:20 PM, realspezz said:

For me, a lot of customers do not see the option to switch their currency, I would prefer all payment methods be shown and agree with H5K.