Referrals Feature

Hey guys,

I am thinking about to activate the referral feature for my member to engage my members to get other people to join my community and make a subscription. Does anybody has experience on that how it works or is there any documention in detail how it works ?

Thanks for your help in forward.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been working with this and am about to put it into practice. The system itself is actually very simple.

Your general users don't have any significant numbers of Facebook or Twitter followers, and they aren't going to share anything anyways. So don't think this is something you just announce and suddenly everyone uses it. You will need to seek out the people who will promote your site, and they have to be someone who already has a big audience. Plus, you don't want to have to deal with potential fraud or abuse that could occur if you have it open to everyone. Start with 1-3 partners that you think will bring a lot of traffic over time. Ideally this will be someone who creates their own content on a continual basis, like videos that are related to your product or service.

Give your partners a generous commission. No one is going to do anything if you offer 5 or 10%. I am offering 30% and it's still hard to find someone who doesn't prefer cash up front.

You could also use the referrals system as a method to track external advertising. Just set up a dummy account for each advertiser and use their affiliate link to track which ads are resulting in actual sales.

I can think of an easy way to commit fraud with this system, so be careful who you allow to use it.

Edited by Interferon

Hey Interferon,

thanks for your information. That was really useful. In fact I was thinking about 10% but one person I asked said exactly what you said. And I agree if you put up a referral system somebody probably needs a bigger community themselfes since conversion rates are not really high in general.