error occurred when uploading this file. (Error code -200)

6ichem

Haven't see this error in a while.

My solution was :

log off the site, restart your pc, and come back try again.

If file is picture, change from jpg to png or jpeg or other way around.

Not guarantee 100% working tho as some members reported they still saw the same error.

Edited by SUBRTX

On 2/22/2021 at 9:12 PM, Paul E. said:

See: 

That only solves it for images. I’m trying other formats

On 2/23/2021 at 12:33 AM, Paul E. said:

Restarting your PC/phone/toaster will not have any impact with this error unless your website is running on your PC/phone/toaster.

This is an issue at the server level and is highly dependent on your configuration. You will need to look at PHP and system logs to get to the bottom of it.

How can it be a server issue? I can upload files with the same size on plugins/themes but not as attachments on a thread? 

31 minutes ago, 6ichem said:

How can it be a server issue? I can upload files with the same size on plugins/themes but not as attachments on a thread? 

There are lots of factors to consider. As described in the linked thread, the error likely has to do with insufficient resources on the server at the time of upload. Perhaps other times there is enough computational power or memory to allow it to complete successfully, explaining why it works sometimes.

You'll need to dig into your server's logs and look at what PHP is reporting (may need to turn on error_reporting and logging for PHP to see what it is telling you) to get to the bottom of that error. Read @bfarber's post here:

The processes that handle the upload of a plugin or theme are different from the processes that are executed upon adding a thread attachment.