Must Read Topics - a.k.a Force Members/Guests to Read Topics

12 hours ago, Oldcrow said:

Hi Miss B. Hey I am having a rough time setting this up to show. I must be the dummie in the class, because I'm lost at what goes where.

I need help.

Ron.

Hello Ron,

Can you please tell me what exactly what do you have a rough time with?

Did you enable and set the settings accordingly at the App 's settings page? It can be found under the Members tab and then Read This Topic. Did you have a look at the screenshots at the app download page btw? I have explained everything there in details. 

6 hours ago, Miss_B said:

Hello Ron,

Can you please tell me what exactly what do you have a rough time with?

Did you enable and set the settings accordingly at the App 's settings page? It can be found under the Members tab and then Read This Topic. Did you have a look at the screenshots at the app download page btw? I have explained everything there in details. 

I have a problem with the two boxes, Do I need to fill them.  Far as I know the settings are ok. Is there also settings elsewhere? See my image.

822340530_forceread.thumb.png.1e1eb73c0299898e091ca5a7d5876b30.png

14 minutes ago, Oldcrow said:

I have a problem with the two boxes, Do I need to fill them.  Far as I know the settings are ok. Is there also settings elsewhere? See my image.

822340530_forceread.thumb.png.1e1eb73c0299898e091ca5a7d5876b30.png

Yes, the must read topic field should be filled. That is the topic that you will set as a must read for members. All you have to do is type the name of the topic.

The second field is optional. It holds the error that will be displayed to members inforimg them that they must read a certain topic before browsing the forums. 

Please let me know if you will have any additional questions.

2 minutes ago, Oldcrow said:

I did put the Topic in the top baxo and I entered the message between  <br/><em/>message is in here.</em> nothing show when I look as a guest or sign in as other member. What am I doing wrong?

Ron.

Can you please post a screenshot of the settings how you have filled them?

P.s. Topic starter of the topic set as must read will not get that error message btw.

4 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

Can you please post a screenshot of the settings how you have filled them?

P.s. Topic starter of the topic set as must read will not get that error message btw.

1869441825_forcetoread.thumb.png.7f38a04014520241773fc7c0977f61cc.png

Would you like to sign in as me and have a look at it. Maybe you can set it properly.

Ron.

1 hour ago, Oldcrow said:

Sure thing.

I just took a look now and the link to the topic was not added. You had entered instead the topic text instead of its url. I corrected it and now it works fine.

I have sent you a detailed pm with screenshots as well. Please let me know if you will have any additional questions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bosss said:

Hello

When member read topic - must user read again (login / log out)? Maybe 3-5 times in same day?

regards

No, once an user reads the topic set as must read, he/she will not need to re-read the same topic again, unless the read topic log is deleted for that user or for all users.