Why does Commerce insist on Imperial measurement?

LiquidFractal

I've been experimenting with adding physical objects to the Store, and notice that whenever I add the physical dimensions of an object (height/width/weight) I can choose cm over in., kg over lb, etc., but when products display in the website store they are always displayed using Imperial measurements.  Moreover, if I return to the product in the AdminCP the suite has reverted my data back to Imperial in the product edit screen. 😶

I can't possibly be the first one to notice this, so I was wondering if this is going to be fixed at some point as a nod to those of us who have embraced the Metric system? 😄

Edited by liquidfractal

Thanks for the response @bfarber.  By "locale" do you mean something definable in the adminCP, or does that mean the selected currency?  If you mean the latter, I don't have USD configured at all in Commerce - only AUD.  Either way though, I do find it strange that even in the adminCP view the suite reverts my back-end configuration to Imperial every time.

Edited by liquidfractal

Thanks to everyone for their responses!  It was lurking in the back of my mind that it might have to do with the language pack, which is a bit surprising, but copying my default language and changing the locale to Australia did the trick, so thanks for that. 🙂

However, this has led to another wrinkle.  In the Store on my test site, prices were previously listed correctly in AUD, e.g., "AUD 35".  Now, however, with the Aus-locale language set as default, the same price displays as "A$35" when I expected something more like "AUD $35."  My default currency is also clearly specified as AUD.  Is this a bug or a feature? 😉

Thanks for your help so far!