Forum Layout

ImpartialGeek

Hey team! I really love this software. The experience is great for SO many things. The only thing I am having issues with is layout and UI. It seems redundant to have to always have a forum category, then a forum then a topic. I would love for my forums to be laid out in a grid based on FORUMS and not have to have top level categories. It just adds another block that I personally don't feel is needed.

I like the way invision has their forums laid out on the home page: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/

However, when you look at mine, they do not look like this. I have a subforum section (https://geekslife.com/geeks)  showing that pushes all the content down almost below the fold. I would much rather see all the content up as close to the nav bar as possible. That way people see content sooner which will encourage them to stay.

I want my forum to be ALL images with image headers on each CATEGORY as well, if I am going to be forced to use them. Does anyone know if this is possible, or know of any plugins etc that would allow me to make the forums much more visual, and eliminate the extra step? If I could eliminate FORUM and go right to topics or eliminate CATEGORY and go right to forums that would help.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, bfarber said:

You can set up your forums to display in table, stream and grid layout

Yes, I have it as grid layout, that is not the issue. It's that I have a page that has the main forum landing page which is laid out with categories. Then it shows subforums and to get to those you have to click in and go a level deeper. Then from there you go into each individual topic taking you even another level deeper.

I am wanting to do something like this: 

updated-layout.thumb.png.3f8925f74f27d3f44c1f2c165d18c75f.png

This would make it all so much easier to navigate and get rid of a TON of wasted space on the top of the pages.