Multiple private messages and error code being sent.

Hi, does anyone have this problem before I put it in for a support ticket.

We've had a couple of instances now of people trying to send messages using the PM system but in fact it generates multiple messages – may be as many as 10 – including an error message saying that you can only send one message per minute.

Well I sent a message is an ordinary user and it generated this error in the log:

image.thumb.png.61cddaf8f76dbf647ce0ab5e0e4298e7.png

The user error message told me that I could only post a maximum of 25 messages per day

image.thumb.png.24cc4dc0b0eb82d6ef5922ddee1a55d6.png

And I've just discovered that clicking on one of those messages produces this underlying formation

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `core_message_posts` WHERE msg_topic_id=185249 AND ( author_id NOT IN('271704','387644',' 394307') )
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'author_id' in 'where clause' (1054)
#0 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Db/Select.php(383): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery()
#1 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Db/Select.php(441): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Db/Select.php(365): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Content/Item.php(5291): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#4 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/init.php(887) : eval()'d code(234): IPS\Content\_Item->resyncCommentCounts()
#5 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Content/Comment.php(302): IPS\Content\ignoredmembers_hook_hideposts->resyncCommentCounts()
#6 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Content/Comment.php(245): IPS\Content\_Comment->postCreate()
#7 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/init.php(887) : eval()'d code(102): IPS\Content\_Comment::create()
#8 [internal function]: IPS\Content\trackmembers_hook_tmContentComment::create()
#9 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/init.php(887) : eval()'d code(231): call_user_func_array()
#10 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/applications/core/sources/Messenger/Message.php(150): IPS\Content\hook939::create()
#11 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Content/Item.php(406): IPS\core\Messenger\_Message::create()
#12 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/init.php(887) : eval()'d code(77): IPS\Content\_Item::createFromForm()
#13 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Content/Item.php(133): IPS\Content\trackmembers_hook_tmContentItem::createFromForm()
#14 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/applications/core/modules/front/messaging/messenger.php(467): IPS\Content\_Item::create()
#15 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\front\messaging\_messenger->compose()
#16 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#17 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/applications/core/modules/front/messaging/messenger.php(71): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#18 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\front\messaging\_messenger->execute()
#19 /srv/consumeractiongroup.co.uk/public/htdocs/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#20 {main}

Edited by BankFodder

Yes, it is the best test – just a nuisance.

Can you tell me, is that every delay in enabling or disabling a plug-in or application before the effect is felt on the forum?

I think I might have found the problem, but it seems to take half a minute or so to work its way through so I'm not too sure.

3 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

No it doesn't seem to be that one.

Have you disabled Track Members and tested? It really has the author_id in the error in the specific hook but only callable in Status Updates replies.

/* Reply to a status update */
					if( \get_called_class() == 'IPS\core\Statuses\Reply' AND !$first AND \IPS\trackmembers\Track::canTrack( \IPS\Member::loggedIn(), 'replyStatus' ) )
					{
						if( $item->author_id == $item->member_id )
						{
							$text = \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->get( 'tm_replystatusupdate_self' );
						}

}

Can you check it? I will release a fix today later for Track Members and I will include this one, if this app is the culprit.

I did think it was the track members one – but equally it could be the ignored members one although I understand from the developer of ignored members that it does not hook at all in the messenger area.

Anyway they are both enabled at the moment and so far the PM system seems to be working – this is with the newly installed ignored member application.

In fact I just heard from the ignored members developer that it could be that the content file is being used both by the messenger and the forum posts which could be causing the problem.
I don't understand any of this of course – I'm simply repeating what I've been told. I understand that there may be an ignored member modification on its way

Hi, sorry it had passed my mind.

I've just checked and the private better system seems to work correctly. I have to say that I'm quite worried because nothing particularly has changed – in exactly the same way that nothing particularly had changed in the problem started to occur.

The developer of ignored members think that it may be a problem caused by their plug-in and they have done the modification and waiting for approval.

But for the moment, I can't reproduce the problem.

Thanks very much indeed for your interest though and I'm sorry that this trouble. However, it was curious that it mentioned your tracking plug-in in the error codes.

I'm afraid it's all beyond me – as you know.