Login Anonymously Feature Missing in v4.5

Allegheny

Maybe I missed an announcement somewhere.... but, what happened to the "login anonymously" check box on the default login form?  In version 4.5 (using default template it's completely gone after upgrade.

Yet, that very option still remains under the group settings in the ACP  (to give user groups permission to login anonymously).

How can they login anonymously... if you strip the option from the login form?

Edited by Allegheny

So... they have to login "publicly" and fully visible to all; then navigate to account settings and hide themselves?  I am sorry, but that makes zero since to me.  Granted.... having the ability in the account settings is nice for those that need to switch to annoyance  while already signed in.... but, for those of us who like to just log in quickly to do or check something and then leave without anyone noticing we are there...  that option is now gone.  And, people will see us before we ever make it to account settings to hide ourselves.

One step forward... three steps back.

Ok.... I've played with it some and I see the setting is "persistent" and that's a little better.  At first, I was thinking you'd have to login in publicly each and every time and then go to account settings... yada yada yada... Which would have been a nightmare.

I guess this is the end of switching visibility around as I know I'll never remember to turn visibility back on under this new scheme.

1 hour ago, Allegheny said:

I've played with it some and I see the setting is "persistent" and that's a little bette

It’s better because it’s an account feature now which means your state will be the same in any device you use to access the community. You don’t need to worry if you’re anonymous in your phone but not in your laptop, etc.