Downloads limit + Countdown

Hello Community,

I have configured the download limit for 24 hours. Every time the user exceeds this limit, they think that the next day they will be able to have their two downloads of the day again, when everyone in "Invision Community" knows that is not so. The user must wait exactly 24 hours to have the two downloads again.

This simple detail is not known to most users, despite giving informative guidance on this, users keep sending me messages about "Why can't I download if I have waited one day?
I am sure that I will keep receiving this type of messages all the time, especially from new users.

For this reason I would like to suggest that a "Countdown" be added so that the user can see the countdown and know how long it should take to finally download again.

Best Regards!

4 hours ago, Eudemon said:

I can make a plugin for this, prob useful for community that host lot of files and also to promote VIP memberships

Hello,

It would be great if you develop it, such a plugin would be very useful. 😀

Regards!

On 5/26/2020 at 7:48 AM, Phil Këvin said:

Hello Community,

I have configured the download limit for 24 hours. Every time the user exceeds this limit, they think that the next day they will be able to have their two downloads of the day again, when everyone in "Invision Community" knows that is not so. The user must wait exactly 24 hours to have the two downloads again.

This simple detail is not known to most users, despite giving informative guidance on this, users keep sending me messages about "Why can't I download if I have waited one day?
I am sure that I will keep receiving this type of messages all the time, especially from new users.

For this reason I would like to suggest that a "Countdown" be added so that the user can see the countdown and know how long it should take to finally download again.

Best Regards!

Write the rules, specify that when they exceed the limit and from this time they can not download, at least users will know that the limit is worth it, and will not bother you that the limit is suspended, as a temporary solution, if the developers want to add the time tracking function (timer)😊

42 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

Just curious. Why limit it?

So that they don't download all the files in a single day and my server explodes.

You also generate activity on the site, making users return the next day to download again.

21 minutes ago, Alexandr.P said:

Write the rules, specify that when they exceed the limit and from this time they can not download, at least users will know that the limit is worth it, and will not bother you that the limit is suspended, as a temporary solution, if the developers want to add the time tracking function (timer)😊

I have done that, but most do not read the warnings, especially new users.
They even think it is a bug on the website. 🤣

Regards!

Edited by Phil Këvin

Here I agree with you that users do not read the rules much, then close the personal account so that they do not spam and on this page you must read the rules. I have rules written so that in category example Windows the only on topic windows and not more if there emerge message and limit respectively can be apply sanctions to this user, either as higher wrote to remove restriction on limit😀

• 5 months later...
On 5/25/2020 at 9:48 PM, Phil Këvin said:

Hello Community,

Best Regards!

Did you ever find a solution for this?

On 5/26/2020 at 6:21 AM, Eudemon said:

I can make a plugin for this, prob useful for community that host lot of files and also to promote VIP memberships

Did you incorporate this into your plugin?

4 hours ago, HDiddy said:

Did you incorporate this into your plugin?

took a look, can be done but very ugly code because official function i can hook into is huge

currently still in my plan to do list (maybe i can find a workaround)

Edited by Eudemon

43 minutes ago, Eudemon said:

took a look, can be done but very ugly code because official function i can hook into is huge

currently still in my plan to do list (maybe i can find a workaround)

I saw another site had it so curious to see how they did it.

image.png.774feaa71639534c2a70c439b0f6d873.png