Member Shops Possible?

FZ

I know that there is an affiliate feature to Commerce, but has anybody ever developed something for the module that will allow members to use the platform to sell their own products where the "house" keeps a percentage? 

Search "Classifieds" in the marketplace and a few apps will pop up for you to choose from, however, none of them will be the same as uploading a product to the commerce store and a lot of the commerce features, such as coupon codes, integrated shipping, product fields,  and the like will not exist.

Thanks for the input. I wouldn't want to run it as a classifieds thing, but as a proper online store for the members where they can upload product photos, deal with pricing and shipping and get their notifications of sales, reports, etc. 

Hopefully we might see this in future versions of the product. 

+ 1

This feature already requested here, that I remember is they said it is not easy extend the Store to site members use.☹️

IPS is already a strong community platform, but at this time they miss this so important module and commerce direction development. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/24/2020 at 2:36 PM, kmk said:

it has been requested so long time ago, we need this feature to develop commerce inside a community already builded...this will help us (ips admins) to earn money and keep our forums projects more supported. But I don't know why....😌

Exactly - it feels like the functionality is essentially already there with commerce + downloads, but just not an option for members to create their own 'shops'.