Getting To Grips With "Post Before Registering"

So, this feature is one of the main reasons we chose to move our community to IPS, and thus far guests' ability to post without having to be dragged through registration forms has had a huge impact on registrations (they basically doubled). but after reading a bit more into the feature, I think it isn't working as it should.

In the article "unveiling" the feature and also in the guide it says it will only allow users to WRITE the post and then pretty much force them to register with a pop-up/redirect, otherwise the post won't, well, post.
On our forums, it actually posts the post and doesn't prompt anything. 
When trying to post as a guest, it doesn't ask me for my e-mail address but rather for a display name.

In the ACP, I've only seen the one toggle for "Post Before registering" and it's on. guests' posting permissions are unchecked for "post new topics" and "Reply to posts".
Is there any other setting I'm missing? am I doing anything wrong? Has the feature's functionality been changed? 

I'm pretty lost here, folks, and could really use a pointer.
Thanks.

Edited by Pavel Chernitsky

30 minutes ago, Pavel Chernitsky said:

So, this feature is one of the main reasons we chose to move our community to IPS, and thus far guests' ability to post without having to be dragged through registration forms has had a huge impact on registrations (they basically doubled). but after reading a bit more into the feature, I think it isn't working as it should.

In the article "unveiling" the feature it says it will only allow users to WRITE the post and then pretty much force them to register with a pop-up/redirect, otherwise the post won't, well, post.
On our forums, it actually posts the post and doesn't prompt anything. 
When trying to post as a guest, it doesn't ask me for my e-mail address but rather for a display name.

In the ACP, I've only seen the one toggle for "Post Before registering" and it's on. guests' posting permissions are unchecked for "post new topics" and "Reply to posts".
Is there any other setting I'm missing? am I doing anything wrong? Has the feature's functionality been changed? 

I'm pretty lost here, folks, and could really use a pointer.
Thanks.

This the feature's functionality has not been changed afaik. I just tried it at my test forum and it works. What is your forum url?

https://carsforum.co.il/
It's kind of in Hebrew, so... Good luck 😅

Here's a direct link to a random thread:
https://carsforum.co.il/topic/673849-שאלה-חלב-עושה-רעש-של-משקה-מוגז-בפתיחה-זה-תקין

Edit: I've also tried disabling all posting permissions for guests in thinking it might be colliding with "Post before registering" but no cigar...

Edited by Pavel Chernitsky

The behavior you are describing indeed indicates that you've given guests permission to post which you should not do if you wish to leverage post before registering. Instead, you enable the post before registering setting and give the regular members group permission to post - we will see this and initiate the post before registration flow.

If you can't figure out what's wrong with your configuration you're welcome to submit a support ticket for assistance.