Clubs & Blogs - Do You Use Them?

CLUBS

When I asked a few people on my forum about the use of CLUBS, one friend stated how he didn't think it should be used. To him it would just be segregating content from the main forum. Why create a club about a certain topic, when a thread could just be created on the forum.

I know of the following thread, and read through it, but would love to hear some fresh insight on this topic.

BLOGS

Do you use Blogs on your forum? Do you use it for yourself, do you let forum members create their own blogs, and if so, do they actually use it? Again, just like CLUBS, why create a blog and talk about  a topic when you could just create a thread on the forum and discuss it there?

I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Not sure if I should invest in getting this last piece that I am missing from the IPS tools.

Edited by SC36DC

On 4/21/2020 at 12:22 AM, SC36DC said:

When I asked a few people on my forum about the use of CLUBS, one friend stated how he didn't think it should be used. To him it would just be segregating content from the main forum. Why create a club about a certain topic, when a thread could just be created on the forum.

FeveBee wrote an article about this on Sunday 19 Apr 2020 with several useful pointers: https://www.feverbee.com/launching-groups/

The same thinking applies to Blogs.  Do you have a need for Blogs?  If not, then don't worry about it.  

Edited by Joel R

3 hours ago, Joel R said:

FeveBee wrote an article about this on Sunday 19 Apr 2020 with several useful pointers: https://www.feverbee.com/launching-groups/

Thank you for the info and link, I'm going to check it out now. 

UPDATE: After reading the article, it convinced me to deactivate the Clubs option for now. 

Edited by SC36DC