Member Map

Just installed this, when I insert the API key I then get a HTML 500/blank screen when clicking on the member map.

What am I doing wrong? :/

Hi Tom,

You may need to have a look in your PHP error log to see what is causing that, if you use cPanel, there is an 'error log' link on the main page.

Stuart
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I would really enjoy having a nice minimap block on the board index, it would give an immediate visual message to our users that there is such a module.

What would you show in the block ? It would be too small to be a normal map..

When i installed and tried to add a location all I get is:

"There was an error communicating with Google, Please contact an administrator."

Your server doesn't allow outgoing connections it seems, at the moment there is nothing you can do about that.

1.1 will be adding client side geocoding support though.

What would you show in the block ? It would be too small to be a normal map..

Your server doesn't allow outgoing connections it seems, at the moment there is nothing you can do about that.

1.1 will be adding client side geocoding support though.

I checked with the server admins and they said outgoing connections are allowed.

Any other ideas of what may be causing this?

I'll try disabling other apps and hooks to see if they are interfering as well.

I checked with the server admins and they said outgoing connections are allowed.

Any other ideas of what may be causing this?

I'll try disabling other apps and hooks to see if they are interfering as well.

Membermap uses an IP.Board class to handle fetching the data, it tries to use CURL and then falls back to FOPEN. However in this case it cannot get the data by using either method.

You will need to check that CURL is installed and working, or your server configuration has 'allow_url_fopen' enabled (http://www.php.net/manual/en/filesystem.configuration.php#ini.allow-url-fopen)

Stuart

Membermap uses an IP.Board class to handle fetching the data, it tries to use CURL and then falls back to FOPEN. However in this case it cannot get the data by using either method.

You will need to check that CURL is installed and working, or your server configuration has 'allow_url_fopen' enabled (

http://www.php.net/m...allow-url-fopen

)

Stuart

I ran a check and allow url fopen is on, as is CURL.... this has got me stumped.

I don't think it's just this as my recaptcha would not work properly either and I had to disable that too. I'm wondering what I did that's conflicting with everything.

Oh well, I'll keep thinking

Well, I've ensured allow url fopen is on in my php.ini

I've run a script to test to ensure that CURL is installed, and I just can't seem to get this to work.

It runs for awhile after submitting the address, then gives the error communicating with Google message as though it timed out.

Not sure what else I can do if anything.... so... any idea when the next version will be available so I can try that one out?

I'm really bummed I can't use this.

I have just posted an update that includes Facebook Integration. :drool:

Could you please explain a bit how would this work? (I am not using any facebook application) I guess there is a facebook application we could activate for our pages and your application would be synchronizing the data with it in some way?

The integration allows you to embed the Membermap into your Facebook Application or Facebook Page, there is a document included with the download, with instructions and a list of requirements that must be met in order to use the functionality.

If the user viewing the map is a member on your forum, they will be show the options to update their marker position (just ike viewing the standard map)

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&s

Well, I've ensured allow url fopen is on in my php.ini

I've run a script to test to ensure that CURL is installed, and I just can't seem to get this to work.

It runs for awhile after submitting the address, then gives the error communicating with Google message as though it timed out.

Not sure what else I can do if anything.... so... any idea when the next version will be available so I can try that one out?

I'm really bummed I can't use this.

The other possibility is that your server doesn't allow outgoing traffic on port 80. I'll send you a script later today that should shed some light on the isuse.