Dangerous PHP Functions Enabled

image.png.c1b05563102f5e160c429b2efbfa731d.png

Does anyone have any experience getting rid of this message? I tried contacting my host and I can't remember whether they had fixed it or not. I switched to PHP 7.4 on cPanel, but it's not currently supporting ioncube and I noticed this warning again after switching back to PHP 7.3

You need to add these functions to the disable_functions setting in your php.ini configuration to disable the message.

If you're still seeing the message, that means the change has not yet been applied.

If your host can do this for you themselves, just contact them again and ask them to disable the functions listed here.

Switching PHP versions would mean switching PHP configurations as well, so it makes sense you might see it appear again after switching versions.

9 minutes ago, Makoto said:

You need to add these functions to the disable_functions setting in your php.ini configuration to disable the message.

I don't fully understand the steps on how to do that, otherwise I'd try it myself.

Where do I go to edit my php.ini configuration? I would think these functions would show on "Select PHP Version" in cPanel where I see others, but these aren't listed there.

1 minute ago, Pescao6 said:

I don't fully understand the steps on how to do that, otherwise I'd try it myself.

Where do I go to edit my php.ini configuration? I would think these functions would show on "Select PHP Version" in cPanel where I see others, but these aren't listed there.

Do you see anything under WHM >> Home >> Software >> MultiPHP INI Editor ?

If you're running the latest version of cPanel, you should see this available in WHM and you can edit your php.ini configuration here.

In that case if you're using php-fpm or another CGI manager you'll need to restart that instead of just the web server.

But yeah feel free to contact your host and just forward them the above request, they should be able to do it for you no problem.

If it helps anyone, the problem was I selected "ea-php7x" instead of "alt-php7x"

Screenshot_91.thumb.png.1d2e993f2f524ab1c2b0cf23da700c90.png

Screenshot_92.png.f7db93c2cbb0c370e3a93699a3d03674.png

Screenshot_93.png.bd7a9d41c0d356d54966feb98e0a5a61.png

Screenshot_94.png.160cf22a9c42db51c13b7f42132337b2.png

Message gone. Problem fixed. 😎

Amazing quick and descriptive support from my host.

@Makoto Thanks for teaching me a thing or two and trying to help. 🤗

@Lucas James Thanks for trying to help. 🙃