Unable To Edit Any CSS File in Themes

I wanted to add some css to the 'custom.css' file of the theme I am using, and when I click on that file, or really any css file, the page refreshes and brings up the Sign In page.

I've already did the following:

• ran the support tool;
  • checking any cache methods are working;
  • reinstalled the theme as new and tried that theme

Has anyone ever come across this issue or know of a fix? I did submit a ticket to IPS, but I was hoping to get this resolved as quickly as possible. Thanks in advance for any help.

11 hours ago, SC36DC said:

I wanted to add some css to the 'custom.css' file of the theme I am using, and when I click on that file, or really any css file, the page refreshes and brings up the Sign In page.

I've already did the following:

• ran the support tool;
  • checking any cache methods are working;
  • reinstalled the theme as new and tried that theme

Has anyone ever come across this issue or know of a fix? I did submit a ticket to IPS, but I was hoping to get this resolved as quickly as possible. Thanks in advance for any help.

So does happend every time trying look at the css via Admin CP -  Customiztion - Theme - Edit ? if so should like have issue your browser timing out remove the cookies and try that if still doing that try another laptop/desktop as gets tricking using a tablet or moblie.

Thanks for the replies @bfarber @pharbor64

I did get the issue resolved thanks to my webhost Cloudways. The issue was Varnish. Tech support set my forum folder on my server to be excluded from being used by Varnish, and after that I was able to edit css files within the Admin CP. Varnish did then cause an issue with (BIM) Chatbox+, and after I simply disabled Varnish, Chat was working again. I left it off. Seems to be causing more problems than it did help with caching on the site.