Separate pages sidebar areas

PatrickRQ

Hello,

At the moment some areas of pages sidebar areas seems to be within same scope. For example, I add side block of categories in index template and I see it in categories listing and record display. However, if I will add record related sidebar block in record display view then it does nto display on higher views. It would be better to make the sidebar areas independent for each view type, so we can have better control where to display what.

On 2/21/2020 at 11:15 PM, PatrickRQ said:

Hello,

At the moment some areas of pages sidebar areas seems to be within same scope. For example, I add side block of categories in index template and I see it in categories listing and record display. However, if I will add record related sidebar block in record display view then it does nto display on higher views. It would be better to make the sidebar areas independent for each view type, so we can have better control where to display what.

Don't hold your breath on this one. This is something I personally have been asking for since launch of version 4.

As IPS Stuff assures us - they watch and listen to us. So more votes up to bring it in somehow soon. In general, I see it like they would recognize a level of sidebar area within specified application, e.g. Index > cat listing > record listing > record display and e.g. by adding category sidebar to Index you can configure how many levels down to display it, or alternatively, select views to apply the sidebar to.

Archived