Please Make Ads Less Easily Blocked

Chris027

Hi Guys - I'd love to use the built-in advertisement functionality, but in order to give up the awesome Google Ad Manager reporting capabilities, I need to give my advertisers some benefits. The ability to work around ad blockers would be a major benefit that they would prefer over reporting (given that IPS has almost zero reporting). However, IPS ads are so easy for ad blockers because css classes such as "class="ipsAdvertisement"" are used. If I edit the code, ad blockers don't block the ads. 

In order to make this actually work, we'd need the ability to name the class ourselves or somehow have it be randomly created.

Without this, it's hard to justify using the built-in ad capability.

Exactly 2 years and 1 day... and nothing to help users make money. 

It's not even a hard change but falls on deaf ears.  You're going to have to change it yourself.  IPS is obviously, not going to make the change.  Maybe they're waiting for version 5.  🙄

Edited by Bluto

5 minutes ago, Chris027 said:

Hi Bluto - I saw your edit of the template and just tried it. Works pretty good, but it's editing a template and every update risks overwriting it. 

When you upgrade, during the upgrade the upgrader will give you a notice about templates that have changed.  But yes, they'll be overwritten.

Also, I'd advice that all your banners be called something like 87384747.jpg using ad, banner, etc in the names of the images will also flag the adblocker.

I always rename all of my advertisers banners.

Edited by Bluto

• 4 months later...