Increasing forum membership prices

bern5

Hi,

I have some forum memberships setup as  'products' with a renewal term , they are handled by paypal with billing agreements.  They are $15 per year but i want to increase to $20 per year.

My question is , if i just go in and adjust the product price to $20 - how does this affect all the current members who have purchased?  what happens when it comes to renewal for $20 but they have billing agreements for $15 - does the system break or paypal produce an error,

Should i just create a new product for the $20 and then give people the option to upgrade from their existing membership $15 to this new one - does that create a new billing agreement or edit the existing. Do i then keep the existing $15 enabled but not visible in the shop?

Or do i setup and use subscriptions?  can members upgrade to subscriptions from a product ?

i am not too sure and looking for guidance on how to approach this. 

thx in adv

When you change it and save, it should prompt you to apply to existing or only new. if you only apply to new, your existing will remain at $15. if you apply to all, they should change to the new price upon renewal I think. I moved from products being used as subscription to actual subscriptions, which I think has a clearer display and understanding.

We increased our membership price and are up now for our first round of renewals starting next week.  One of my members decided to renew early which is good.  But it also allowed him to renew at the original price rather than the new price.  No super big deal at this second as it's just one member and he's a good contributor anyhow though I need to figure out how to fix this.

Just now, elonegenio

We increased our membership price and are up now for our first round of renewals starting next week.  One of my members decided to renew early which is good.  But it also allowed him to renew at the original price rather than the new price.  No super big deal at this second as it's just one member and he's a good contributor anyhow though I need to figure out how to fix this.

When you increased it, did you apply it to existing subscriptions? If not, they will always renew at the old price. 💲

If the subscription is done via Paypal at moment the renewal is set at price the customer has agreed so example if was $12 and made it to $15 customer will only pay the $12 as what been agreed by client and Paypal as far asware if change the price via Admin CP would not override the Paypal agreement so would need to do new subscriptions.

On 9/28/2019 at 12:31 AM, AlexWebsites said:

When you change it and save, it should prompt you to apply to existing or only new. if you only apply to new, your existing will remain at $15. if you apply to all, they should change to the new price upon renewal I think. I moved from products being used as subscription to actual subscriptions, which I think has a clearer display and understanding.

so  can you convert  all your  'product subscriptions' to new 'subscriptions'  - or do people have to re-subscribe again?

Archived