How to make All Activity as main page?

O9C4

1. How to make All Activity as main page https://www.o9c4.com/discover/ You have to make sure that "System" is starred as the default app (I had Pages), and then you can star  Content Discovery to get it to show All Activity as your "home" page.
  2. How to make Display results Expanded by default for Members or Guests? Need assistance
  3. Do I have a feature to give the permissions to Guests to reply to the statuses? Only logged in users can reply to a status update

1. In the list of Applications in the ACP, expand the System module and make the Activity Stream as default. 

Then in the list of Activity Streams, make your All Activity stream as default.  

2.  In the setting for All Activity, you should see an option for condensed or expanded.  

3. You'll need to clarify.  Are you looking for guest permissions to respond to status updates in the Activity Stream? Status updates on the profile? Or status updates in the status update block? 

35 minutes ago, Joel R said:

1. In the list of Applications in the ACP, expand the System module and make the Activity Stream as default. 

Then in the list of Activity Streams, make your All Activity stream as default.  

2.  In the setting for All Activity, you should see an option for condensed or expanded.  

3. You'll need to clarify.  Are you looking for guest permissions to respond to status updates in the Activity Stream? Status updates on the profile? Or status updates in the status update block? 

1. Can't find Activity Streams or All Activity

image.thumb.png.4c0fb38a80c01ad9a2f60fe976f8a6e7.png

2. How to make Expanded by default for Members or Guests?

3. I want Guest to Reply to this status in the Activity Stream.

image.thumb.png.0a989d0a173a437a18fc6be4bd223670.png

6 minutes ago, Joel R said:

It's the Content Discovery module.  👍

Can you provide a link to the website shown in the screenshot? This is not standard functionality, so I'm curious.  

But my Content Discovery is the Default module by default and no Activity Stream there.

https://www.o9c4.com/ I have 100% standard InCloud community with no changes - totally by default.

5 minutes ago, O9C4 said:

But my Content Discovery is the Default module by default and no Activity Stream there.

You should be good then.  Just make your All Activity as default (which is a setting in the stream).  

5 minutes ago, O9C4 said:

https://www.o9c4.com/ I have 100% standard InCloud community with no changes - totally by default.

Off the top of my head, check your membergroup permissions. 

I just joined your community because it looks really cool (and useful). You're CIC hosted, so I'm going to suggest you make a support ticket. They should be able to get this set in no time. When I click on the tab next to Activity (in the menu bar) I get an error message. That's like the "home" tab ...

image.thumb.png.cd1cf0cc03fec0a88d4c830d1c15c834.png

8 hours ago, tonyv said:

I just joined your community because it looks really cool (and useful). You're CIC hosted, so I'm going to suggest you make a support ticket. They should be able to get this set in no time. When I click on the tab next to Activity (in the menu bar) I get an error message. That's like the "home" tab ...

image.thumb.png.cd1cf0cc03fec0a88d4c830d1c15c834.png

Do I still have the issue from Your side? 

2. How to make Display results Expanded by default for Members or Guests? 

image.thumb.png.42550b5330f91e05b8fccf0ce7d7bcb6.png

Its Condensed by default for Guests

3. Do I have a feature to give the permissions to Guests to reply to the statuses?

image.thumb.png.dca009a3b2fcb3efb0af294a271b18cb.png

Any registered Members can to Reply to this status, but no Guests and I can't find any permissions for it.

12 hours ago, O9C4 said:

Do I still have the issue from Your side? 

Yes, I just checked it. When you click the circled tab, it displays the error page.

error tab.png

Then again, that seems to be for the Russian one, so maybe it's working correctly if I don't have access to that forum.

16 minutes ago, tonyv said:

Then again, that seems to be for the Russian one, so maybe it's working correctly if I don't have access to that forum.

That is my Russian community and it is expired for now. Insufficient funds 💸 :sad:

22 hours ago, tonyv said:

Okay, I just did it with my site. You have to make sure that "System" is starred as the default app (I had Pages), and then you can star  Content Discovery to get it to show All Activity as your "home" page.

Yes and thank You! I did like You said and is working fine now. I will test this kind of home page for month - to give the members new experience.

Just now, O9C4 said:

Yes and thank You! I did like You said and is working fine now. I will test this kind of home page for month - to give the members new experience.

Cool! I'm doing it right now, too, for the same reason. :happy:

Just now watched Your community and saw the same! :happy: I want to look if members will start to interact directly with profiles and statuses. Also that way of feed will give all activity updates to members and This stream auto-updates feature provides Live effect. Also It looks pretty cool on mobile.

img-2019-08-22-04-07-13.thumb.png.0f62ab7b9ad1e9ccbc258f02b1736f35.png

19 minutes ago, O9C4 said:

Just now watched Your community and saw the same! :happy: I want to look if members will start to interact directly with profiles and statuses. Also that way of feed will give all activity updates to members and This stream auto-updates feature provides Live effect. Also It looks pretty cool on mobile.

img-2019-08-22-04-07-13.thumb.png.0f62ab7b9ad1e9ccbc258f02b1736f35.png

Yes, I'm thinking the same thing. At least the newer members probably will. I wouldn't be surprised though if a lot of the old school members have their favorite or most popular forum bookmarked (for example in mine that might be the Member Poetry forum) and that that's how they actually access the site. :laugh:

@tonyv I added Recent Status Updates block on the top of the stream and guess what? - New Member's first action was to Submit Status. I like the way it is going now. Will continue my researches for users behaviour... Mobile experience is great too: the Members can interact from the mainpage in the same window.

img-2019-08-22-21-37-09.thumb.png.72cf1751df66565ef2ee317a4bc3704c.png

Archived