503 page errors since upgrading to IPS 4.4.3

Joey_M

I'm encountering a lot of random page errors since upgrading to 4.4.3, I have checked my plugins and updated most of the applications (if I haven't been able to, they are now disabled). I have updated my themes to the latest version.

I still get the odd one here or there, if I change the skin, for example, or if I toggle the main blog layout.

My wife actually encountered a 503 error within the blog section which wouldn't actually go away. It took me to change the skin to manage to load the application, any other page seemed to be fine minus the occasional one.

Anyone else had issues?

My host switched the PHP handler and that has improved things, I don't know it just seems very random.

Was it just the previous version you upgraded from or an upgrade from a few versions back (like say 4.3 or lower) , only ask this as I wonder if it is theme related in some way, although (iirc, as I'm not a server guru in any way shape or form) a 503 is as far as I'm aware usually a problem with the server/hosting side rather than anything else.

Several users were reporting 502 and/or 503 errors with PHP7.3 when using php-fpm. Without more details as to the underlying cause of the 503 error, it's hard to guess. I would recommend checking your server error logs to collect some more details.

Archived