How to get "new posts since last visit" option?

Black Tiger

IPS has a button "unread content" but that shows all unread content.

A lot of users do want the option to only show the unread content since last visit, so only really new posts.

This can be achieved by adding a custom timeline to the activity stream, but that is a bit unwieldy and every users would have to do this.

I can't imagine that Invision does not have an easyer option for this anymore. I know it had in the past because I found something about it in an old topic.

Where can this option be found in Invision 4.4.2? Or even better, is there a way I can create a custom buttom for example to be used as button or block in the main page, so every user can just use it by clicking on it?

I'm not looking for an addon but for something which is present or which I can easily do myself if possible.

Thank you Mark H and Bfarber.

However, this does not automatically mark the topics as read. If I click the stream link again after reading the new posts, it stil shows the posts, but then they show as read, but they still show while they should be gone.

This can be catched by setting the "read status" to "Content I haven't read" but pity in that case you can only use the "items only" option.

But it's very usable this way too, thank you very much!

17 hours ago, Black Tiger said:

Thank you Mark H and Bfarber.

However, this does not automatically mark the topics as read. If I click the stream link again after reading the new posts, it stil shows the posts, but then they show as read, but they still show while they should be gone.

This can be catched by setting the "read status" to "Content I haven't read" but pity in that case you can only use the "items only" option.

But it's very usable this way too, thank you very much!

We don't track whether individual posts are read, only the topics themselves, so it makes sense you can only use "items only" for that kind of stream. 🙂

5 minutes ago, bfarber said:

so it makes sense you can only use "items only" for that kind of stream. 🙂

Yes that's logically. What I was talking about is that comments and reviews are not included anymore. 😉

At least that's what I conclude when it says:

Unread content streams are only viewable with 'Items Only'

right below the "read status" selection.

Archived