Personal Messages system development?

Sergey_SV

Hi
I really non positively surprised with the development of the personal messages (PM) system in the IPS community
First thing - the search in the PM in the 4.4 is buggy (pagination is not working correctly and etc., have couple of tickets submitted). But this understandable as new development probably. 

BUT Why IPS is cutting the functionality, which was already there??:
1. First you limit the search for 1 year, and hardcode this in the source, with no ability to change in the ACP.
2. In 3.X a people was asking for the ability to search by Author name, and it was introduced in 4.3.x, and I was happy! :))) but in 4.4.X I found that you again withdraw the ability to search in PM by Author.
I do not know the reasons behind this, but these features are very important for the old communities. My community is 15 years old, and I am still have some data in the old PMs which I do not wat to delete and want to be able to find it.

One more thing, is the easy way you can clean up your mailbox... there is none!. I can search the mails, but I could not select them from the search results and delete the unused conversations. Either I have to open all one-by-one-and-delete or nothing. So the PMs start piling up... and without the good search function it is just becoming a mess...

Could you pls reconsider the PM strategy and bring removed features back!

I am a brand new user and am trying to send out a Request-For-Quote to several of the professional service providers, but I have now waited a week and I don't think that the individuals even know that they have a private message in their Inbox. How can I get the person's e-mail so I can bypass the PM capability and get their attention?

Thank you, in advance, for any pointers or tips~!

Phil

18 hours ago, Cannabis Connect said:

I am a brand new user and am trying to send out a Request-For-Quote to several of the professional service providers, but I have now waited a week and I don't think that the individuals even know that they have a private message in their Inbox. How can I get the person's e-mail so I can bypass the PM capability and get their attention?

Thank you, in advance, for any pointers or tips~!

Phil

You may need to wait 2-3 weeks before you hear back from the Providers.  They're usually bombarded with requests.  

A faster route is to find something similar in the Marketplace and directly approach that specific developer.  

On 3/22/2019 at 1:20 PM, Sergey_SV said:

1. First you limit the search for 1 year, and hardcode this in the source, with no ability to change in the ACP.

Searching topics, posts etc for users is limited for 1 year? 

Archived