Member group assigned based on activity

Steph Jensen

Is there a way to move users to certain user groups, depending on their activity rate? What i am looking for is something like "has been active 5 of 7 days of a week" or/and "has been active 20 days out of the last 30 days".

I am not sure how the suite registers log ins, if the browser keeps the user logged in, but i'd say that visiting the site, should count as marking that user active. But any advice ideas would be great here! Trying to figure out an idea that i have been thinking of

I am actually trying to "upgrade" users who are active.
Maybe that plugin from Fosters can downgrade users to "members" if they are not quite as active and "super members" if they are.
My thought was that instead of having users pay to hide ads, then they will autohide for active users - its an incentive for them to come back, log in, and check up on the site

Oh I'm sorry. I wanted to write the build in user promotion system but wrote ranking by mistake.

Have a look at the promotion system. You can promote users to another group (f.e. a member or secondary membergroup without ads) based on all kinds of configurable options.

And you can create multiple, so you could create another one to demote them again when too much inactive.

Archived