Has ips.ui.dialog changed in 4.4?

Meddysong

I can't see a sign that the Help Guide has been edited.

On 4.3.6 a line of code

<a href="{setting='base_url'}resources/esperanto-letters/the-h-system" data-ipsDialog  data-ipsDialog-title='Use H to represent the accent' class='ipsButton ipsButton_veryLarge ipsButton_alternate'><span class='ipsResponsive_inline'>  Text</span></a>

worked perfectly. After clicking the button, the user would see a dialog box open on the page.

This same code on 4.4 (a different site but the same article with the same CSS etc) doesn't work. The title of the dialog box appears but not the content, and so a redirect kicks in taking the user to a different page where the content for the dialog box is pulled from.

Is this the same for anybody else? Is there some other way I need to code this in 4.4?

Your URL really should be constructed differently. Built without relying on the FURL. The url template fills in the base url for you also. 

<a href='{url="app=Appname&module=Mod&controller=Blah&do=Something" seoTemplate="your_template"}'

Also, you can try data-ipsDialog-url=your_url

It's still not working, unfortunately. I've rewritten it as

<a href="{url='app=cms&module=pages&controller=pages&id=14'}" data-ipsDialog-url="{url='app=cms&module=pages&controller=pages&id=14'}" title="title text" class="ipsButton ipsButton_veryLarge">Button text</a>

but still have the same result. Hovering over the link indicates that it's parsed correctly but the only the title line of the dialog box is generated, before the user is redirected to the page containing the information.

The original code still works perfeclty on 4.3.6, however.

You didn't instantiate ipsDialog.  

<a href="{url='app=cms&module=pages&controller=pages&id=14'}" data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-url="{url='app=cms&module=pages&controller=pages&id=14'}" title="title text" class="ipsButton ipsButton_veryLarge">Button text</a>

3 hours ago, Aiwa said:

You didn't instantiate ipsDialog.  

Sorry, that's my fault. It was there in the original but when I tidied the code up a little to make it easier to read here I accidentally deleted that bit.

I think something has changed with the move to 4.4.0. I just tried the same thing on another 4.4.0 site and it failed there too, even though it was working fine on 4.3.6. It doesn't work if I paste the same text, nor if I rewrite it (using FURLs, relative address, full addresses etc).

Yes, I think you're correct. Even though I can't spot the error, I've just tried a forum post which consists of the very basic

<div class="ipsType_richText ipsType_normal ipsType_center" data-controller="core.front.core.lightboxedImages">
	<a class="ipsButton ipsButton_veryLarge ipsButton_alternate" data-ipsdialog="" data-ipsdialog-title="Use H to represent the accent" href="https://completeesperanto.uk/" rel=""><span class="ipsResponsive_inline">Click</span></a>
</div>

on my new 4.4.0 site and that worked. I think it probably serves me right for working yesterday when I knew I was too tired. I'll have another go at spotting the mistake when I feel fresher.

Archived