Help needed with mysql commands

Black Tiger

Hello.

Since ticket support does not include mysql commands, maybe somebody else can help us.
We got a lot of users which got the ban status during conversion. Issue almost certainly caused by wrong status notices in the old vB database.
Anyway, we need to unban these users and it's a lot of users.

Is there a way to mass-unban them?
Or is this possible via a mysql command and if yes, how is this done?

Next to that, the user's title was imported to the Invision Ranks, instead of the vBulletin Ranks (which we didn't use). So at this moment they contain html code to an image.
We need a mysql command to clear all member ranks because we don't use those! And the members title icon is already present as group icon.

I'm don't know how to create this commands, can only execute them. So if anybody can help me with one or both of these, I would be very happy!

1 hour ago, Black Tiger said:

Hello.

Since ticket support does not include mysql commands, maybe somebody else can help us.
We got a lot of users which got the ban status during conversion. Issue almost certainly caused by wrong status notices in the old vB database.
Anyway, we need to unban these users and it's a lot of users.

Is there a way to mass-unban them?
Or is this possible via a mysql command and if yes, how is this done?

Next to that, the user's title was imported to the Invision Ranks, instead of the vBulletin Ranks (which we didn't use). So at this moment they contain html code to an image.
We need a mysql command to clear all member ranks because we don't use those! And the members title icon is already present as group icon.

I'm don't know how to create this commands, can only execute them. So if anybody can help me with one or both of these, I would be very happy!

are they in a group or just have ban in the profile ?

You didn't test the conversion before converting your live site? 

That aside, it would be better to write a script to do this using built in IPS methods. Otherwise you run the risk of creating a disconnect between tables as well as any cache. 

Suggest looking in the providers section for a developer to help you if you're unable to do this yourself. 

No we did not test because we closed the old site and could easily go back when things would go really wrong.

But it's running fine now. We spend some time with a couple of admins to unban all users manually.

The rank stuff is the only thing that's remaining.

But even when checked before, I doubt if we could have removed all those vB titles quickly.
It's this one below. So we have to either clear or replace it. Clear it would be better.

Would really amaze me if this could not be done via a mysql command.

1980118576_Image3.thumb.jpg.53595d154e0a973dba946db77c05ced4.jpg

Don't worry, this is not a right wing forum or something like that. My friend has his forum for Militaria collectibles like helmets etc. mostly from the Belgian army.

23 hours ago, Black Tiger said:

Great, thank you.

In the other thread you wrote:

UPDATE core_members SET member_title='';

Is there any difference in using this line or using NULL there (without the ' characters) like Newbie LAC suggested?

Or is it in fact the same result?

There shouldn't be any practical or noticeable difference.

Archived