(DP43) Groups View Limits

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi,

please see https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/429557-error-codes/

This app contains an error which references to "S" which is reserved (  2S163/4 and https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8001-dp42-guest-view-limits/ has the same issue;)

There was a ticket today, where our staff was trying to locate the issue in our code, while it was caused by the plugin 🙂

• 9 months later...

Hi @DawPi thanks for this wonderful plugin. Is it possible to redirect user to specific pages like guest to register page. Free Members to Subscription page etc.

I tried embedding the redirect http-equiv refresh code but it didnt work. Is there any other quick way you suggest to get this redirection done urgently?

Hope its possible. Thanks in advance.

57 minutes ago, DawPi said:

What's New in Version 2.0.1  

• added ability to redirect instead of display message after reached the views limit. Setting per group.

Many thanks for this wonderful add-on and quick support.

Just a quick question if we enable the redirect then the error message will be deleted from the back-end or it will be just hidden so that we can use again whenever we re-activate error message again?

Asking this as we have quiet an extensive style and content laid in that message and will hate to loose it for forever.

Is there any recent change happen in this last version or previous version?

Previously when someone used to hit limit even if they hit back button it still used to show the error message.

Lately I have noticed that if we allow 3 pages then user come back form 4th to 3rd page and read that for as long as they want.

Is it counting the initial allowed pages are allowed always now and not counting in the limit.....?

4 minutes ago, DawPi said:

Nothing changed. Only displaying or redirecting stuff was changed. 🙂

Can you please double check, as I rem long back it was like I mentioned before: 3 pages means 3 pages, no back button was able to help. And if you are on 3rd page and when page auto refresh it will display the error message. Apparently this strictness has gone now.

Please double check.

Found the solution and a new bug:

That back disabling was due to custom script that we have removed. Enabled again and now back is disable for guest.

New bug: Sometime your plugin blocking consecutive views and sometimes its allowing. Close and open new browser and you can still browse sometimes and block sometime, its not consistent.

Please fix this based on session/IP or something more strict so that it can not even work in incognito mode (as we discussed earlier).

39 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

Found the solution and a new bug:

That back disabling was due to custom script that we have removed. Enabled again and now back is disable for guest.

Thanks for clarification and explainations.

39 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

New bug: Sometime your plugin blocking consecutive views and sometimes its allowing. Close and open new browser and you can still browse sometimes and block sometime, its not consistent.

Please fix this based on session/IP or something more strict so that it can not even work in incognito mode (as we discussed earlier).

This is not a bug and there is nothing to fix because nothing is broken. You posting your suggestion and I'll concider it. 🙂

1 minute ago, DawPi said:

Thanks for clarification and explainations.

This is not a bug and there is nothing to fix because nothing is broken. You posting your suggestion and I'll concider it. 🙂

I understand incognito you may consider as a suggestion/feature/add-on.

But why same browser open and close - that really seems like a new bug as previously it never use to behave this way.

There is something seriously wrong with guest views now. Please check the video.

Recorded as a guest user and started recorded when permitted pages/user has reached its limit.

It's blocking and allowing randomly without even closing the browser now.

Please fix it asap. 

https://www.loom.com/share/268a3ca7a6d74a6680a2d2b7cdb7eb39

• 00:17 - Allowed a page - BUG
  • 00:27 - Blocked a page - GOOD
  • 00:34 - Allowed same page (that was blocked at 00:27) - BUG
  • 00:44 - Blocked a page - GOOD
  • 00:52 - Allowed and blocked same page (that was blocked at 00:44) - BUG
  • 01:03 - Allowed a new page - BUG