What is causing this box to appear?

marklcfc

8 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

Oh ok. Are you running any analytics or tracking pixels? Have you ever had any code you may have entered for any type of third party display maybe in your globaltemplate?

Does that box come up only when logged in or for guests also? I don't see it but am not logged in.

I do have analytics running. All thats in globaltemplate is the ad code and consent box code and it has been happening since around the time that was added, but I've checked other sites using the same code and it doesn't happen,

It happens when logged in and logged out, do a hard refresh a few times and it should appear in the bottom left.

7 minutes ago, steve00 said:

What browser are you using

I used FF with 'ad blocker' and no box of any sort appears

Chrome

Try removing that adcode and consent box code and see if its still happening. I'm using chrome and even after a hard refresh I don't see that box. I've seen that before when an ad doesn't fully load. Is that floating footer ad you are using, does it also show up for members logged in? Your screencast doesn't show that floating footer ad so my bet is that's your culprit. 

6 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

Try removing that adcode and consent box code and see if its still happening. I'm using chrome and even after a hard refresh I don't see that box. I've seen that before when an ad doesn't fully load. Is that floating footer ad you are using, does it also show up for members logged in? Your screencast doesn't show that floating footer ad so my bet is that's your culprit. 

It's not the floating ad, it only shows for guests and I added it just a few days ago. Have had this issue for upto a year now

I also changed ad providers last week, so using a different code for that too but the box remains. It shows for me logged in and logged out on chrome.

3 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

Does it happen if you switch to the IPS default template? 

No, but comes back when I readd the consent box so thats the cause.. It happens on another Invision forum using a consent box, but on non Invision forums, it doesn't happen.

1 hour ago, marklcfc said:

No, but comes back when I readd the consent box so thats the cause.. It happens on another Invision forum using a consent box, but on non Invision forums, it doesn't happen.

If appears when adding the consent box then would assume that is the cause (remove it and see if still happens)

If doesn't happen after removing then something to do with that consent box (is that a mod/add on or something you have added)

See if same thing happens when using a different browser if it doesn't then the consent box not compatible with Chrome and need to find out why (if consent box an add on purchased from MarketPlace then need to contact the author for help)

Archived