Why is everyone's IP address the same?

Mahumba

If you are seeing everyone's IP as the same number in your install, please go to your ACP -> Advanced Configuration page -> Server Environment sub-tab -> find and enable the setting "Trust IP addresses provided by proxies?" then save the page.

I'd then ask your Host if something in your server environment changed.

If you have just started using Cloudflare, that could be the cause as well.

Thanks Mark,

I did what you mentioned and the ip addresses are still coming in the same. It's just with the Invision board, not the rest of my site. This started happening on 10/11/2018

I have a ticket in on my hosting provider.

Any other advice?

Roger 

My initial thought when I read the topic (before Mark answered) was "x_forward can sometimes cause this" however the setting Mark indicated is the same thing, indeed if you search in the ACP search box for x_forward you will be shown the " Trust IP addresses provided by proxies?" setting.

I'd await your host's response for now to see what they have to say, hopefully they will be reasonably prompt in answering you. :smile:

3 hours ago, Mahumba said:

This just started happening on the 11th of this month. I made no updates or anything to my invision products. I am assuming it's on my server end.

Roger

Yes, it would be a server side issue in this case, you should reach out to your server administrator or hosting provider to assist you with this issue. 

The same IP address I see for all users is in the online list and members in my ACP

Below is what my provider responded:

We have not made any changes to the sever environment and also the Cloudflare is not implemented. The A record of the sub domain fishingboard.thunderbayfishing.com is pointing to the IP address of our server **.***.***.***.  . Since the issue is is due to the application vendor, please contact them for more information on the issue. 

Please feel free to reply to this email if you have any further questions, we are happy to help you.

What the heck??? I just checked online users on my forum and it's all back to normal?

Hmmm I guess you gotta love when stuff just fixes itself!!!!

Roger

Archived